title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 4.6.3 browsing not working as before

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IntoTheVoid
    • Jan 2008

Asset 4.6.3 browsing not working as before

In v4.5 I used to use the Advanced Search and then Album by Artist, which showed every album for each artist, alphabetically by artist.

In 4.6.3 this has changed to list all albums alphabetically only, and ignores the artist element of the search. It also misses out several albums that are shown in different search contexts.

Any idea how I can make 4.6.3 work properly in this context?

Thanks.
    Last edited by IntoTheVoid; 12-30-2015, 05:50 PM. Reason: extra info.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Asset 4.6.3 browsing not working as before

It looks like a regression; in the R4.6 series; it will be looked into for the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Note that the R4.6.3 has a new option to automatically fill album artist info from other tags - this was always performed before but was was made opt-in; does toggling this option fix the album by artist view for you?
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-31-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PeterP
      It looks like a regression; in the R4.6 series; it will be looked into for the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Note that the R4.6.3 has a new option to automatically fill album artist info from other tags - this was always performed before but was was made opt-in; does toggling this option fix the album by artist view for you?
      Yes, that's it. Thanks.

For info, I set the "Fill missing Album Artist tags from Artist or Compilation tags" checkbox to be ticked, and it restored the functionality and found the missing albums.

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by IntoTheVoid
        Yes, that's it. Thanks.

For info, I set the "Fill missing Album Artist tags from Artist or Compilation tags" checkbox to be ticked, and it restored the functionality and found the missing albums.
        Does this option exist anywhere in the PC version? I've just installed it on Windows 10 and the same issue is back; a large number of my albums are not detected/cataloged.

I've looked but can't see an equivalent in the advanced settings.

thx

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There is no such option in the Windows version, try browsing for the tracks >> Advanced Search >> File and Folder browsing
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
            • Jan 2008

Thanks Spoon. I can get at all he albums other views, it's just a bit random.

My preferred view is Advanced Search -> Album by artist, which the previous 'fix' corrected. I'll wait for the next release when hopefully it will be sorted out.

Comment

Working...

]]>