title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

trial version (tagging)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMtest
    • Dec 2015

trial version (tagging)

Hi,
    I have a question about the trial version of dbpoweramp.

Yesterday I installed it on a Win7 PC. It showed that I have a 21-day trial period, and it worked in the sense that I could convert files from wav to flac and vice versa. ID-Tag editing shows up in the explorer menu. However, when trying to tag a file, I got the message <Reference required for ID-tag editing>. Are these feature disabled in the trial version?

This morning, I installed the trial version on my MacBook as well. Again, it says that I am in a 21-day trial period, file conversion works, but, following the instructions, I cannot even find ID-tag editing in any of the menus. My question is, does the download really provide a fully featured reference trial version, or are only very few features enabled during the trial period, so that tag editing cannot be tested?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: trial version (tagging)

On the Mac the tagging is right click >> Services >> dBpoweramp Edit Tags

On the PC, for whatever reason the trial has ended.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AMtest
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      On the Mac the tagging is right click >> Services >> dBpoweramp Edit Tags

On the PC, for whatever reason the trial has ended.
      On the Mac: Sorry, after having highlighted a flac file, right click does not invoke Services. When going through the top menu to Services, "dBpoweramp Edit Tags" does not show up. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I con only tag with red, blue, green dots etc. I have been a Mac owner for a few week only and am not yet familiar wit all tricks. The Mac is brand new and has never seen dBpoweramp before.

On the PC: How can I find out whether the trial period has ended? I think I once tried out an older version some years ago, but then decided to stay with EAC. Maybe this causes the actual version not to work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you run dBpoweramp Configuration it will show the trial status. If any version of dBpoweramp has been installed then the trial would be used.

On the mac, try right clicking on a mp3 file to see if there is the edit tag option.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AMtest
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
          If you run dBpoweramp Configuration it will show the trial status. If any version of dBpoweramp has been installed then the trial would be used.

On the mac, try right clicking on a mp3 file to see if there is the edit tag option.
          On the PC, it says "unregistered". I now installed dBpoweramp on my daughter's Win-7 laptop. There it shows the trial status, and tagging works.

On the Mac, it says 20 days trial remaining, but tagging does not work at all. It neither works for flac files nor for mp3's. I am giving up on this, since I could test Id tagging on my daughter's laptop and now know how it works.

Comment

Working...

]]>