title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album cover art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Album cover art

On multi CD sets or albums with a bonus disc, occasionally no, different or reduced quality art shows up on 1 or more discs and there is not good art showing up in Google.

Is there a way of saving the cover art from CD ripper to enable consistent cover art on all discs in the set?

Many thanks,

Oggy.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Album cover art

Hey Oggy,

in those cases I reassign my favourite album art to all files after I've ripped all discs. You can export the album art from the audio files, so you have only to choose the audio file with your favourite album art and reassign it to all files.

Dat EI

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey Oggy,

in those cases I reassign my favourite album art to all files after I've ripped all discs. You can export the album art from the audio files, so you have only to choose the audio file with your favourite album art and reassign it to all files.

Dat EI
      OK, thanks, that is brilliant!! Just got to work out how to do that now!

Oggy.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey Oggy,

first right click a file with the favourite album art in Windows Explorer, choose "Edit ID-Tag", click "Add Album Art" and then in the context menu "Export to Folder.jpg". Next select all files, right click, choose "Edit ID-Tag" and then click "Remove" in the album art section. At last click "Add Album Art" and choose "Import from Folder.jpg". Click ok - work done.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Or you can use CD Ripper, if you have ripped disc 1 and it had the right art, then in cd ripper, click [-] next to art to remove the art from the displayed disc 2, then [+] and browse to where disc 1 is, and select the folder.jpg file to load it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
            • Jun 2009

That's how it's supposed to work, but sometimes it just doesn't!

I've got some stubborn albums where I have done all of that - I've deleted the original Folder.jpg, removed the cover art in multiple tracks in Edit ID-Tag, pasted in a new image from Clipboard, exported it to Folder.jpg and imported that image into multiple tracks from Folder.jpg. That should do it, right? Wrong! When I browse to the track in Kazoo or Kinsky, there is the old cover art.

Spoon, come to my rescue!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It is likely your UPnP server, which is keeping the old art.

If you delete the art from the files, and folder.jpg then there is no art, if it is showing, then it is external to the files.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
                • Jun 2009

For what it's worth, I have found a cure, at least one that works for me.

Save the new art as Folder.jpg and delete all the art from multiple files with Edit ID-Tag...and that's it. The new art displays correctly both in the Album view in Kinsky/Kazoo and when the individual tracks are playing, even though it's not embedded in the individual files. Hmmm... (scratches beard).

The server is a Melco N1-A

Comment

Working...

]]>