title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Silence detected, Replay gain track tag not generated (dDSP:end conversion"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siramazing
    • Dec 2015

"Silence detected, Replay gain track tag not generated (dDSP:end conversion"

A track will re-rip over and over again and for as long as 2 hours or more, if I don't stop it, and cancel ripping the particular track. When the CD is finished ripping, the term that is quoted in the title is listed as the problem.

Is there a fix to this in the DSP? If you need to know my relevant DSP settings I will be happy to oblige. This doesn't happen too often, but when it does it is frustrating, since there is now a track missing. I have tried re-ripping the affected tracks, but the always with the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "Silence detected, Replay gain track tag not generated (dDSP:end conversion"

It just means there is no audio written to the file because you cancelled the rip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• siramazing
      • Dec 2015

Re: "Silence detected, Replay gain track tag not generated (dDSP:end conversion"

[QUOTE=Spoon;162348]It just means there is no audio written to the file because you cancelled the rip.[/QUOTE

What is happening to cause the rip to fail in the first place? I have tried cleaning the cd but that doesn't do anything, and I don't see any obvious damage to the cd.

Thanks

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

some CDs have hidden damage. I assume this just happens on an occasional CD rip, not most of them. Correct?

Comment

• siramazing
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by garym
          some CDs have hidden damage. I assume this just happens on an occasional CD rip, not most of them. Correct?
          Yes, that is correct, but..the cd's play ok when played through a cd player. If, this occurs only on occasional discs, and it is a problem with the cd itself, and not a setting on the DBpower ripper, then, I guess, I will just have to accept that some cd's will not properly rip.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by siramazing
            Yes, that is correct, but..the cd's play ok when played through a cd player. If, this occurs only on occasional discs, and it is a problem with the cd itself, and not a setting on the DBpower ripper, then, I guess, I will just have to accept that some cd's will not properly rip.
            yes, you'll just have to accept that some CDs won't rip securely. This said, some (most) of my non securely ripped CDs (that have warnings/errors) produce digital files that actually play just fine. The error/problem may only be in a few frames that are a tiny fraction of a second and you can't detect them.

p.s. Actual CD players themselves contain automatic error correction routines that can interpolate when an error is read. This was in the original design of CD players to deal with occasional errors on a CD. Of course we don't want our RIPPER to interpolate....we want bit perfect rip.

Comment

Working...

]]>