title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Not Authorized Solution

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alepsis
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2014

Asset Not Authorized Solution

Just in case someone else comes across a problem like this, here's how I dealt with a 'not authorized' issue.

A firmware update has recently become available for Marantz NA7004. After applying it, the NA7004 could no longer access Asset. In the list of servers, Asset appeared as "Asset (Not Authorized)". Other DLNA servers were not affected, only Asset -- which was my main server. (And now you understand why I hate updating.)

I don't know why Asset was singled out like that; at any rate, the problem was neither with Asset, nor with the file server hosting it. Here's what worked for me.

(1) In NA7004's Menu > Network > Connecting > DHCP, I set DHCP to OFF.

(2) I turned off the NA7004, then unplugged it for 30 sec (to effect a full restart, because my network standby option is set to ON). I left it connected to the network.

After restarting, DHCP had reset itself to ON, and the 'not authorized' was gone; I had again complete access to Asset.
Working...

]]>