title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Suggest Artist, Album, Composer, Genre etc. for Rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobacci
    • Dec 2014

Suggest Artist, Album, Composer, Genre etc. for Rip

Hi all
    I have been using jRiver to do a major overhaul of my tags of classical music. One of the features that made this very much easier is the panes mode, which lists ALL the different occurences of Artists, Album Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers etc. in the current directory. So I could immediately see that I had 'Beatles' and the misspelled version 'Betles' and correct the wrong tags in one click.
    This brought the following idea to my mind. If dbpoweramp CD ripper had an index of all the tags in the target directory and made them available through a type ahead suggestion functionality, it would be much easier to correctly spell i.e. 'Chopin, Frédéric' and not misspell it 'Chopin, Frederic'. The tags would be clean from the beginning.
    Is this something that could be added to a future version?
    Thanks a lot for a great product.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Suggest Artist, Album, Composer, Genre etc. for Rip

Originally posted by jacobacci
    I have been using jRiver to do a major overhaul of my tags of classical music. One of the features that made this very much easier is the panes mode, which lists ALL the different occurences of Artists, Album Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers etc. in the current directory. So I could immediately see that I had 'Beatles' and the misspelled version 'Betles' and correct the wrong tags in one click.
    This brought the following idea to my mind. If dbpoweramp CD ripper had an index of all the tags in the target directory and made them available through a type ahead suggestion functionality, it would be much easier to correctly spell i.e. 'Chopin, Frédéric' and not misspell it 'Chopin, Frederic'. The tags would be clean from the beginning.
    Is this something that could be added to a future version?
    PerfectTUNES (registered version) has this feature.

Comment

• jacobacci
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by mville
      PerfectTUNES (registered version) has this feature.
      Thanks, I'll look into that. I have a registered version of PerfectTUNES.
      However my goal is to improve the data quality at the source, during the ripping process.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jacobacci
        However my goal is to improve the data quality at the source, during the ripping process.
        Understood. I too would like to see more data editing/handling built into CDRipper e.g. pre-rip, rather than post-rip.
        Last edited by mville; 11-10-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>