title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP 5.1 speed issues comparing to 4.3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSchenk
    • Jul 2014

Asset UPnP 5.1 speed issues comparing to 4.3

Dear Spoon,

i use this wonderful product for many years now and overall I'm very satisfied with it. I guess there is nothing out in the market which
    can compare to Asset UPnP. Asset UPnP 5.1 has many great new features (nice icons, impressive speed when i add new Albums, ..) but I
    run into a big performance issue on large catalogue (all FLAC, aprox 20000 Albums). With 5.1 it's nearly impossible to browse trough
    albums (Album/[A...] ) and other categories too. It nearly took forever on Linn Kinsky or Kazoo.
    Asset is running on a i5 (quad core) Win7 with 8GB of RAM so the server itself it's not the limit (CPU usage is low).
    My system is connected over GiB ethernet. Yesterday i have downgraded to 4.3 and now everything runs smooth again. I guess
    other peoples having similarly problems. So it would be absolutely great for having 5.1 but with the speed of 4.3. If I can help you to
    reach this don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Michael
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP 5.1 speed issues comparing to 4.3

When you select Album >> A

what happens?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MSchenk
      • Jul 2014

Hi Spoon,

Asset 5.1
      When I try this the first time after a longer idle period i got some timeout errors with Linn Kinsky. After reselect Asset
      i get a few Albums (aprox 20 pieces) and again after a certain time I got a spinning wheel on Kinsky and then Kinsky
      try to reload again the "Album >> A".

Asset 4.1
      I got the list immediately without waiting or spinning wheels in Kinsky,

Remark:
      I'm already done a complete fresh and clean 5.1 install (include remove the %appdata%) and I end up with the same issue.
      I have my own mediacenter application based on Platinum UPnP stack and there I run in the timeout problems too when using
      Asset 5.1

Regards

Michael

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Enable the debug log please (advanced configuration), then browse to Album >> A

Email the log to:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MSchenk
          • Jul 2014

Hi Spoon,

I will do that. However because I'm now on 4.3 and need to replace some HDD on my server too it will take some time
          to make the debug log.

Regards

Michael

Comment

• MSchenk
            • Jul 2014

Hi Spoon,

eMail sent.

Regards

Michael

Comment