title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Secure mode and Accuraterip question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Secure mode and Accuraterip question

Originally posted by Veovis
    Others can give you a precise technical explanation why, but as far as I understand it Accuraterip ignores (by design) a tiny amount of data at the beginning and end of a CD. The Cuetools equivalent (CTDB) does the same.

Edit: The above doesn't mean that the data isn't read, only that it is not checked for accuracy against the AR database. Whether or not Accuraterip is on or off does not affect how the drive itself reads the CD.
    So, from what you have said and what I understand, there are potentially two separate issues here.

For a reason I am unsure about, a few frames of the first and last tracks are not checked against the AccurateRip database, so these tracks may be inaccurate,

AND

due to optical drive technology, data may not be read from the first and last tracks and will be padded with digital silence. As such these tracks may also be inaccurate?

Comment

• Veovis
      • Jan 2011

Re: Secure mode and Accuraterip question

Originally posted by mville
      So, from what you have said and what I understand, there are potentially two separate issues here.

For a reason I am unsure about, a few frames of the first and last tracks are not checked against the AccurateRip database, so these tracks may be inaccurate,

AND

due to optical drive technology, data may not be read from the first and last tracks and will be padded with digital silence. As such these tracks may also be inaccurate?
      The first statement is true. As for the second one I'm not quite sure, but I think all data on the CD is read apart from, if your drive does not support it, the lead-in and lead-out area of the CD (and which should only consist of silence anyway). Another factor is the off-set of different drives and I think it's because of this fact that AR ignores the first and last (very few) frames of the CD.

There's a wiki about these things if you google it. And someone else here should be able to correct or elaborate.

Comment

Working...

]]>