title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Everything must go noisy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JanS
    • Mar 2015

Everything must go noisy

Hello, When I rip Everything must go, by Steely Dan, there is a noise all over. Is it copy protection at play? Same result in iTunes ALAC.
    Best regards, Jan
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Everything must go noisy

Hey Jan,

this album was released in 2003. There is a "good" chance, that it is copy protected. Sometimes it helps, to rip from a backup copy.

Dat Ei

Comment

• JanS
      • Mar 2015

Thanks Dat Ei!

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey JanS,

I've googled for that album and have found that it is known for its very aggressive copy protection. Maybe you find a solution in the web. Good luck!

Nowadays you can buy and download this album in flac format without copy protection. I'm happy that those copy protection times are over, not that I illegally copy music, no, but I hate it when I have troubles in normal, legal use cases with non standard conform Audio CDs, which I've bought and paid for.

Dat Ei

Comment

• JanS
          • Mar 2015

Thanks! For some reason I could rip it on an older Mac with an older version of iTunes to ALAC. Then dBPoweramp could convert to FLAC. Jan

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Hey Jan,

Originally posted by JanS
            Thanks! For some reason I could rip it on an older Mac with an older version of iTunes to ALAC.
            most copy protections are specialized for Windows OS and install a piece of software by the autorun mechanism. That won't work on a Mac.

Dat Ei

Comment

• JanS
              • Mar 2015

Yes, but I can't rip that CD on a newer Macbook. Also, can't rip CD:s with SACD on my Macbook, but it's possible on that ol' Mac. Weird. Jan

Comment

Working...

]]>