title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper only rips at x0.1 speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Shaneman
    • Sep 2015

CD Ripper only rips at x0.1 speed

I recently purchased the CD Ripper and have set it up according to the guide provided on this site.
    The main trouble I'm having is that no matter what CD I use it refuses to rip faster than x0.1.
    I've searched through the forum and FAQ for answers but to of no avail.
    I had EAC installed before and that would easily rip an 80 minute length disc in 20 minutes. So this is really confusing me.

My drive is using DMA, it supports 'accurip' and C2 error pointing. I also close every other application while ripping is in process so that nothing conflicts with it.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: CD Ripper only rips at x0.1 speed

Hey Dr Shaneman,

Originally posted by Dr Shaneman
    I had EAC installed before and that would easily rip an 80 minute length disc in 20 minutes.
    even that is way too slow.

My drive is using DMA, it supports 'accurip' and C2 error pointing. I also close every other application while ripping is in process so that nothing conflicts with it.
    There is no need to close other applications. My guess: misconfiguration of the CD drive or a bad CD drive. What happens if you disable C2 error pointing?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Dr Shaneman
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      My guess: misconfiguration of the CD drive or a bad CD drive. What happens if you disable C2 error pointing?
      If I disable that, then then the speed shoots way up. That must be where my problem lies then.
      Does that mean exactly?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey Dr Shaneman,

If I disable that, then then the speed shoots way up. That must be where my problem lies then.
        Does that mean exactly?
        it seems that your drive does not support C2 error pointers. C2 error pointers can recover readout errors to some degree (i.e. scratched CDs). Nevertheless you can have exact copies with accuraterip even if your drive does not support C2 error pointers.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Dr Shaneman
          • Sep 2015

The strange thing is I did the detection test and it told me C2 pointers were supported.
          What about discs that aren't in accuraterip? Will they still rip okay?

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Hey Dr Shaneman,

The strange thing is I did the detection test and it told me C2 pointers were supported.
            if I remember right, there have been posts in the forum stating that some drives report their compatibility wrongly.

What about discs that aren't in accuraterip? Will they still rip okay?
            As long as the drive and the discs are ok, yes. Accuraterip is a method to calculate a checksum of your ripped data and compare it to the checksums of ripped data from other users by a database lookup. If your disc isn't in the database dBpa can read out the data with the status "secure", if your drive does not report errors during the read out. The resulting files are (mostly) error free but not verified.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Dr Shaneman
              • Sep 2015

I just did a test rip and everything seems spot on.
              Thank you very much for your help Dat Ei.

Comment

Working...

]]>