title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Trouble with m4a files. Want to convert to mp3. Unable to add codec.

Trouble with m4a files. Want to convert to mp3. Unable to add codec.

Oops. Never mind. Should have known it would be user error. I got it to work. Please disregard.

Earlier message: I have an active dBpoweramp software with the music converter and I'm unable to convert Apple's .m4a files of music I just purchased on iTunes. I tried downloading the m4a codec but after installing it doesn't connect up and let me convert through music converter. Any help please??
    Last edited by jskendall; 08-28-2015 at 11:24 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Trouble with m4a files. Want to convert to mp3. Unable to add codec.

Quote Originally Posted by jskendall View Post
    Oops. Never mind. Should have known it would be user error. I got it to work. Please disregard.

Earlier message: I have an active dBpoweramp software with the music converter and I'm unable to convert Apple's .m4a files of music I just purchased on iTunes. I tried downloading the m4a codec but after installing it doesn't connect up and let me convert through music converter. Any help please??
    I realize you resolved the issue you started with, but just a quick comment: It's never a good idea to convert from one lossy codec to another. Unless you absolutely can't use the files as .m4as....I'd suggest you avoid any further conversions.