title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi-encoder log file location (MAC)

Multi-encoder log file location (MAC)

I cannot seem to get my log file to save in the right place with the multi-encoder. My log file destination is as follows:

[rippedtopath]/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album] ([year])/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album].log

The issue is that it ignores my selection in the metadata options to force YYYY only in the date, so it writes to a separate folder with the complete date.
    EG, audio files are ripped here: /volumes/mybook/music/Artist - Album (YYYY)/
    Log file is saved here: /volumes/mybook/music/Artist - Album (YYYY MM DD)/

Profile settings:
    Path: /volumes/mybook/music
    Naming: (left blank) - this is set on the aiff and m4a encoders. Output locations are as follows
    AIFF (Dynamic): [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album] ([year])/aiff/[disc]_[track] [artist] - [title]
    M4A (Dynamic): [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album] ([year])/m4a/[disc]_[track] [artist] - [title]

Let me know if I can provide additional info.

Administrator

Re: Multi-encoder log file location (MAC)

you could put

[MAXLEN] around the [year] item and limit it to 4 chars.

Many thanks for this suggestion. I can't seem to get the MAXLEN syntax correct. I have tried (without success):
    [rippedtopath]/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album] ([MAXLEN][year],4[])/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album].log

[rippedtopath]/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album] ([MAXLEN]4,[year][])/[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album].log

dBpoweramp Guru

Use [MAXLENGTH]4,[year][] and not [MAXLEN]4,[year][]

You could also use [GRAB]1,4,[year][]