title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

More than one CD with multiple CD player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hifimage
    • Jul 2015

More than one CD with multiple CD player?

Hello,

I have to rip few thousand CD, I would like to now if it's possible to use more than one CD (3 for ex.) players to rip many CDs in the same time?

thank you

Patrice
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: More than one CD with multiple CD player?

See Batch Ripper on the products page.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CaryB
      • Feb 2009

Or just start three instances of dBpoweramp. I do it all the time.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

It's worth pointing out that the bottleneck won't be the time it takes to physically rip thousands of CDs. You may find mechanical ways to try and speed that up, but this does nothing to expedite the more important task of ensuring proper metadata for each of them. In my experience, in fact, letting the "ripping" get too far ahead of the "tagging" eventually throws a few wrenches into the whole works and probably takes more time than if I'd done them one-at-a-time to begin with.

If your goal is to build a high-quality, easily-navigable digital library from those thousands of CDs, you'll need to spend time figuring out your tagging scheme and meticulously ensuring its application for every album. There's really no shortcut for that part of the process, regardless how fast dBp is churning out audio files. With experience, you can get pretty efficient and develop a speedy workflow, but you can't bypass it completely. If you try, you'll end up spending as much time going back to locate/fix tagging errors as you did ripping all those CDs in the first place.

Comment

Working...

]]>