title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trim FLAC files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JanS
    • Mar 2015

Trim FLAC files

Hello! I have purchased some FLAC files from an online store (Presto Classical). Unfortunately these files donot load in my media player as fast as files produced ripping CDs with dBpoweramp. Is there anyway I convert/trim these FLAC files to "better" FLAC files using your software? Best regards, Jan
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Trim FLAC files

Originally posted by JanS
    Hello! I have purchased some FLAC files from an online store (Presto Classical). Unfortunately these files donot load in my media player as fast as files produced ripping CDs with dBpoweramp. Is there anyway I convert/trim these FLAC files to "better" FLAC files using your software? Best regards, Jan
    just use the dbpa converter to convert these FLAC files to FLAC. That might make them better standardized FLAC files. Can't hurt anything.

Comment

• JanS
      • Mar 2015

thanks for suggestion, but it did not work. any other idea?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

thanks for suggestion, but it did not work. any other idea?
        Are you saying the files play just fine, they just take longer to load? What happens when you convert one of the files to the dsp [TEST CONVERSION]. Does it pass ok or show as corrupted?

Comment

• JanS
          • Mar 2015

Yes, the files play just fine. Just take longer to load.
          No problem with Test Conversion.
          I now see many options under DSP. Is there any option there I can use?
          Also, there are many options there. Do you have any guide for DSP? I have never use it.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Yes, the files play just fine. Just take longer to load.
            No problem with Test Conversion.
            I now see many options under DSP. Is there any option there I can use?
            Also, there are many options there. Do you have any guide for DSP? I have never use it.
            I can't imagine that any DSPs will impact the "load time" of a file. Actually, the entire issue confuses me as I'm not clear on what you mean by "longer load time"? Do you mean only when you convert initially? Or do you mean when used in some sort of player? And which player are you using. The only thing I can think of is that these files are hi-res files (24/96 or 24/192 files) that are MUCH larger, and therefore could take a lot longer to "load" or are being converted automatically by your player to something it recognizes, which is taking more time.

Try this if on windows: right click on one of these files, choose PROPERTIES, then select "audio properties". What does this report for Sample Rate and Sample Size. I bet it is NOT 16/44.1 and instead 24/192 or 24/96, etc.

Comment

• JanS
              • Mar 2015

They take time to load in my media player (which sits in my B&O TV).
              Don't think they are hi res. I will speak to the seller of the files (Presto Classical) about this issue.
              Regarding dppoweramp I very satisfied with the product and your support. Thanks!
              Last edited by JanS; 06-20-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

They take time to load in my media player (which sits in my B&O TV).
                Don't think they are hi res. I will speak to the seller of the files (Presto Classical) about this issue.
                Regarding dppoweramp I very satisfied with the product and your support. Thanks!
                There must be some software in a Mac that can tell you info about the properties of these files. (p.s., I'm just another user of dbpa, I don't work here)

edit: and if a 3 minute song is 17MB it is probably NOT hires. A hires file would be closer to 40 to 50MB. Maybe the extra time loading has something to do with the metadata tags in these FLAC files (maybe they are missing and your media player is having to do some guessing/searching and this takes longer???). I'm just guessing....
                Last edited by garym; 06-20-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>