title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper & Streamer via NAS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRJACKDEE
    • Apr 2015

CD Ripper & Streamer via NAS

Hi all,

I have a question... i am using the latest and greatest DBPoweramp Reference series software for OS X to rip my audio CDs to FLAC for my streamer and although i love how good this software is i have been compelled to ask this question not only for me but a fellow friend of mine who has also seen same results as me.

I use the cd ripper to encode to FLAC using my MacBook Pro Retina 2014 model (top of the range then) and i have had no noticable problems until i load these files onto my SEAGATE NAS PRO 24TB server. i am using the Cyrus Stream X2 as my media streamer connected directly to my NAS via Gigabit Ethernet switch. I also use the cadence iPad app on iPad air. the problem I'm having is the tracks are listed A-Z instead of track list which is of course embedded into the track via DBPoweramp's software.

i now have to use PLEX server software on my NAS to get this issue resolved, which it has been. no disrespect to PLES as it seems to be an EXCELLENT server software and has helped me tremendously. CREDIT to the guys and gals at PLEX!!

i just simply ask the question in case any of you windows or macs users out there have had this issue and as to what may be causing this.

my friend has tried to blame apple for a setting somewhere.... i explained this was DBPoweramp and is user friendly and apple has no influence on this. not accepting this explanation he pushed further... so i ask here?

i thank you all in advance for your efforts and responses to this post. and yes i plan to take this up with Apple too!

Many regards

Mark
    Last edited by MRJACKDEE; 06-16-2015, 06:56 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper & Streamer via NAS

It is more to do with the UPnP server on your NAS, dBpoweramp correctly rips the files and correctly ID Tags the track number to the files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Re: CD Ripper & Streamer via NAS

Originally posted by MRJACKDEE
      my friend has tried to blame apple for a setting somewhere.... i explained this was DBPoweramp and is user friendly and apple has no influence on this. not accepting this explanation he pushed further... so i ask here?

i thank you all in advance for your efforts and responses to this post. and yes i plan to take this up with Apple too!

Many regards

Mark
      This has nothing to do with either Apple or dBp. Rather, it's everything to do with your media streamer (and its controller app). But even though Cyrus' library management and navigation isn't very sophisticated or user-friendly, I would think there should at least be a setting somewhere for this particular issue. Alphabetical vs. track-number listing is about as basic as navigation gets. Hunt around in the Cadence documentation and see if you can find a way to list by track number.

Edit: It's been awhile since I looked at the Cyrus/Cadence setup....but is it one of those that navigates the music library by folders & filenames, like a computer? (Ridiculous in this day and age, but there are still players out there that do this!) If so, naming your files with the track number first should force proper listing.
      Last edited by BrodyBoy; 06-17-2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>