title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset upnp on QNAP TS-251

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texTat
    • May 2015

Asset upnp on QNAP TS-251

Hello!
    I want to use asset upnp on a QNAP NAS. Is it possible to install asset upnp Release 4.4 on a QNAP TS-251 NAS? Or what type of QNAP NAS do you recommend to use?
    Thanks in advance!
    textat
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset upnp on QNAP TS-251

Yes you need the Intel version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texTat
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes you need the Intel version.
      Thanks for your reply, dear Spoon! So I understand, that I can use asset upnp on the QNAP TS-251, if I install the intel version.

Comment

• texTat
        • May 2015

Hello Spoon,
        now I have got a QNAP TS-251 and my first impressions are rather awful. The QNAP media server does not recognize some of my flac files, it does not accept German letters like "ä", after deleting files they are still in my library. My last hope was asset. But I cannot find this application in the QNAP App Center. Can it be, that it is not compatible with TS-251?

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Iti s not available from the QNAP website. Get the QPKG directly form us instead ( https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm ) instead.

Note that we no longer provide separate QPKGs for Intel/ARM/etc. There is just one which installs the right thing for your hardware.

Comment

• texTat
            • May 2015

Hello PeterP,
            thanks for your guidance! Now I have bought asset upnp. I remember that I have read I should delete the trial version before installing the purchased version. How can I do this without deleting all my configuration data (database, internet radio stations...)? Is it sure that everything I have done before still persists?
            Some more problems:
            1. Asset upnp offers the opportunity to search within folders. But in my case no folder appears.
            2. I have selected some internet radio stations on tunein and registered my tunein user name in the asset cofiguration menu. But not all of the stations appear in my favorites.
            Best regards from textat

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

As of our latest QNAP releases, you should just install the new QPKG over the old installation; your configuration will be retained. If updating registered to trial/beta, registered status is also retained. Do not uninstall it before installing the new version.

Only stations supported by the platform are listed, so on the QNAP any Windows Media Audio stations would not be present.
              Last edited by PeterP; 06-18-2015, 06:42 PM. Reason: PeterP edit: yes it is possible to retain settings
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texTat
                • May 2015

Hello Spoon,
                thanks for your guidance. Now I have bought the Music Converter for the purpose of replay gain. It seems that it works fine. But I still don't know how to use dynamic renaming correctly. I used the "[origpath][origfilename]" set. The result is that I get two levels of folders, eg. MEDIASERVER/Charlie Haden/files. But in my case often I have a cascade of folders ( MEDIASERVER/Charlie Haden/I love Montreal Tapes/files & MEDIASERVER/Charlie Haden/Night and the City/files) and even deeper. How can I achieve that the structure of my original folder cascade will be exactly reproduced within in the new location of the converted files?
                And I want to know how I can achieve that track gain and album gain is processed when I use the music converter. Is ist enough to choose ReplayGain?
                Best regards, textat

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

[origpath]\[origfilename]

is what you need. You are best to have dBpoweramp only tag the trags with replaygain adjustments, then have asset set to apply replay gain (for example set flac to 'as wav' and enable the replaygain option).
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texTat
                    • May 2015

Hello Spoon!
                    Thanks for your support. The problem is, that I selected the same renaming option as you recommanded. I wrote it in my letter before. But the Batch Converter does not distinct between the two different locations resp. folders/albums where my files are stored. The converter writes them in only one folder. In the attached sreenshots you can see how I adjusted the converting dialogue (picture 0), the source (picture 1) and the result (picture 3). Have I done something wrong?
                    Best regards, textatClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - ReplayGain0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	292936Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - ReplayGain1.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	292937Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - ReplayGain2.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	292938

Comment

• texTat
                      • May 2015

Hello Spoon!
                      Now I tested all combinations that I could. The result was the same in all cases: dbpoweramp batch converter refuses to generate the last folder in the path!
                      This is the original path:
                      I:\MEDIASERVER\Charlie Haden\I love Montreal Tapes Haden - Henderson - Foster\Charlie Haden - The Montreal Tapes with Joe Henderson and Al Foster - 01 - Charlie Haden Round Midnight.flac
                      This is what I get:
                      K:\MEDIASERVER\Charlie Haden\I love Montreal Tapes - Haden - Henderson - FosterCharlie Haden - The Montreal Tapes with Joe Henderson and Al Foster - 01 - Charlie Haden Round Midnight.flac
                      As you can see: The Converter swallows the fourth backslash! And writes the folder name into the track name. Now it's up to you to offer a solution.
                      Best regards, textat

Comment

• dbfan
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jan 2011

It means you are missing the \ between [origpath] and [origfilename]

You posted "[origpath][origfilename]" which is wrong.

Comment

Working...

]]>