title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New user - secure & insecure msg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gimi
    • May 2015

New user - secure & insecure msg

Hello,

I am absolutely new and "ignorant" about CD ripping. Over the week-end I ripped approx. 70 CD's with dbpoweramp CD ripper. All of them seemed to have ripped fine (secure rip for all tracks with a confidence level ranging from 2 up to 200+), except 3 CD's.

One of them (The Doors - Alive She Cried) was reported as X Insecure for 8 of 10 tracks on the CD, and X AR (70) X Insecure for 2 tracks
    A second one (Deep Purple - Made in Japan) was X insecure only on 3 out 7 tracks... the others being fine
    A third one (Los Joaos - Disco Samba) had 4 out of 8 track that were reported as X AR (3) Green check mark, Secure

What does it mean? Can i still play these tracks or does it mean that there could be errors that could damage the speakers?

For the tracks on Disco Samba that actually say Secure in the end, what does it mean?

Last but not least, looks like the problem has started to show towards the end. I would say I ripped the first 55-60 CD's without any problem and the on the last 10-15 I had these 3 issues. Is this a just a coincidence or something could be happening with the ripper.

Many thanks. Gimi
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: New user - secure & insecure msg

Hey Gimi,

"Insecure" means that your drive couldn't read the tracks without errors. "Secure" means that the drive could read the tracks without errors, but the resulting CRC checksum does not correspond to any of the ones in accurate rips database or the there is no chcksum at all in the database (i.e. typically for new releases). Errors can occure due to scratches on the CD, bad CD drives or bad pressings. Sometimes it helps to clean the CD or try to rip the CD with a different drive.

Reading errors can result in skipping files or in clicking sounds in the soundfile. Not every error is hearable, but it is an indicator that you don't have a 1:1 copy with the best thinkable result. There should be no danger at all for your speaker as long as you don't hear your music at a ridiculous level.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>