title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Various Artists showing individual artists & tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emueyes
    • Jul 2012

Various Artists showing individual artists & tracks

The title says it all. One of the reasons I like Asset is its elegant and unique way pf properly handling VA albums. I dont want every artist on a VA album to show up in Artist view. I created a new view as Album Artist / Album, which seems to work, that is, the artists off VA albums dont appear, but when I choose an artist, no albums then appear. The settings for this are a bit confusing and so possibly is my question, but I've done my best to describe it. I've run Asset on a Windows 7 machine and it behaves exactly how i want, now have made a new Linux box as a music server, it's running Ubuntu based Mint and everything seems to work, no crashes or core dumps, just this behaviour.

I'm using BubbleUPNP to access the Access server, it seems to be one of the better control points and shows albums correctly when pointed at the Win 7 machine.

What sort of setting do i have to do to get the VA albums to behave ? I've tagged them all properly i think, as i said, the Windows version works just how I want, the reason I want to use this on the Linux box in the first place.

Thanks for any advice
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Various Artists showing individual artists & tracks

Perhaps how you have the tree set up, click restore default tree, then browse >> Advanced Search >> Album Artist

does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>