title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OSX trial version cd ripper doesn't retrieve metadata or album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AudioMark
    • Mar 2015

OSX trial version cd ripper doesn't retrieve metadata or album art

Spoon (or somebody), please help!

When I load a CD into my iMac (version 10.8.5), the trial version CD ripper gets stuck at "Retrieving intelligent metadata from: AMG (etc.). Please wait…" I wait and wait and wait and nothing happens. Tried this for several CDs and no luck. Any ideas for me? Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: OSX trial version cd ripper doesn't retrieve metadata or album art

Try to disable all metadata except for freedb, then restart cd ripper, does it work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioMark
      • Mar 2015

Sorry, Spoon, but I don't know how to "disable all metadata except for freedb." As soon as I put the CD into the drive the program starts fetching the data and I get the message "Retrieving intelligent metadata from: AMG (etc.). Please wait&*8230;" Once I get that message, everything is frozen, and before putting a CD into the drive, the "Meta" box at the top is greyed-out and inaccessible. Please advise. Thanks again for your help in getting this sorted out and I appreciate your prompt replies.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Please try the R1.2 beta version:

<Now Released> Changes since R1.1 CD Ripper: Improved error messages when AccurateRip configuration fails CD Ripper: Fixed crash with 'composer' column enabled CD Ripper: Fixed "could not connect to AccurateRip servers" bug More consistent proxy server handling across various app components Fixed various
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AudioMark
          • Mar 2015

Same problem with 1.2: Meta box is greyed-out and as soon as I put CD into drive, the app starts searching for metadata for all sources and locks up. Please advise. Very frustrated with this so far.

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Thanks for your feedback.

Please go to dBpoweramp configuration ("configure" button in the launcher window), Music Converter tab, "Save configuration snapshot" button at the bottom; mail the file it creates to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Comment

Working...

]]>