title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip Issue - Small Size, no sound

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilbur_the_goos
    • Dec 2013

Re: Rip Issue - Small Size, no sound

I was getting some (not all!) tiny files when ripping to FLAC or MP3. I enabled the "Read into Lead-in or Lead-out" option, and this seemed to solve the issue.

Comment

• smcg
      • Oct 2012

Please see above

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

We need the 2nd debug log, you posted the one from cd ripper, however we need the on from the converter.

You posted the secure ripping log, we not need this.

Comment

• smcg
          • Oct 2012

ok, will rerun and post the one from the converter,

Suggestion from wilbur_the_goos above did work, although seemed to take longer than usual to rip, maybe my imaginiation though.

Comment

• smcg
            • Oct 2012

ran in debug mode. ripper concluded with one open notepad window with following information, there was no second notepad window open.

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Temp\Johannes Brahms\Lieder [Fischer-Dieskau]\06 Johannes Brahms - Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57; No. 7. Die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle ('die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle').flac'
            Track 6: Ripped LBA 43827 to 52902 (2:01) in 0:01. Filename: C:\Temp\Johannes Brahms\Lieder [Fischer-Dieskau]\06 Johannes Brahms - Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57; No. 7. Die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle ('die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle').flac
            AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 10) Secure [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 2]
            CRC32: 28D867AC AccurateRip CRC: 37C27A3F [DiscID: 033-005527c9-07dbf066-d9114d21-6]

These are the contents of the text file in the directory where the track was ripped, the only other two files are a jpg and the corrupted flac file.

dBpoweramp Release 15.2 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Monday, March 16, 2015 16:17

Drive & Settings
            ----------------

Ripping with drive 'E: [PLEXTOR - DVDR PX-L890SA]', Drive offset: 6, Overread Lead-in/out: No
            AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: No, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
            Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
            Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 2, Max Passes: 4, Finish After Clean Passes: 2
            Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5

Extraction Log
            --------------

Track 6: Ripped LBA 43827 to 52902 (2:01) in 0:01. Filename: C:\Temp\Johannes Brahms\Lieder [Fischer-Dieskau]\06 Johannes Brahms - Songs (8) for voice & piano, Op. 57; No. 7. Die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle ('die Schnur, die Perl' and Perle').flac
            AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 10) Secure [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 2]
            CRC32: 28D867AC AccurateRip CRC: 37C27A3F [DiscID: 033-005527c9-07dbf066-d9114d21-6]

--------------

1 Tracks Ripped Securely (AccurateRip: Different Pressing?)

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

This is the issue:

Track 6: Ripped LBA 43827 to 52902 (2:01) in 0:01.

It cannot possibly rip the 2 minute track in 1 second, the CD drive is miss behaving, I am not sure why, though.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smcg
                • Oct 2012

But why does it work fine with V14 and why would Lead-In/lead Out make it work correctly?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I am not sure.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smcg
                    • Oct 2012

Ok, i'll stick with 14.2 now, getting a new computer in a month or two, so i'll try 15 then. Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>