title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows Media Player and VLC having challenges reading dbPoweramp default tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilbur_the_goos
    • Dec 2013

Windows Media Player and VLC having challenges reading dbPoweramp default tags

I'm ripping a lot of CDs to FLAC. Going great due to illustrate and Mr. Spoon!

I'm a JRiver user, so this issue isn't that big of a deal, but media libraries like VLC and Windows Media Player seem to be having challenges with dbPoweramp's tags. JRiver is working perfectly.

Does anybody know if there's something I can to to adjust things, or should I just leave well enough alone?

THanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Windows Media Player and VLC having challenges reading dbPoweramp default tags

Windows media player cannot read flac files natively, and VLC is not really an player. There are no issues with dBpoweramps FLAC tags, we have been writing them for a good 10 years without issue.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Re: Windows Media Player and VLC having challenges reading dbPoweramp default tags

I have downloaded a while ago something where i can play Flac IN WMP.

plays fine with dbpa rips!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You need a 2nd component which can read tags for WMP also.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>