title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset on Zoneripper & Muso

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mach1
    • Jan 2010

Asset on Zoneripper & Muso

Hi,

my setup was a ZoneRipper Max running asset accessed by a Linn DS, Linn DSM plus a few Sonos, all connected via Gigabit switches, wired.

Just added a Naim Mu-so (wired not wireless) to the list which works fine till I try playing 192kHz 24 bit files which results in frequent pauses in playing on the Muso - not a problem with the Linn DS/DSM.

Installed Asset on my MacBookPro and even though connected to the network by wireless, the Muso can play the 192kHz 24 bit files without problem from there, which would suggest something not ideal with the zone ripper Max/ Asset setup even if its fine for Linn.

What do I check / tweak next?

Thanks

Mark
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset on Zoneripper & Muso

Try restarting everything, including router.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mach1
      • Jan 2010

Thanks Spoon

I had already tried that, but for the avoidance of doubt, I shut down the player, modem, every switch and player in the house for five minutes to avoid any debate about how long. Result

Linn still plays no problem

Naim Muso - frequent pauses

Has anyone successfully played 192kHz.24bit files on a Muso from a NAS running Asset (under WHS v5.2 (build 3790 SP2)) ?

thanks

Mark
      Last edited by Mach1; 02-20-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As a test, set both linns playing 192, do they play without interruption?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mach1
          • Jan 2010

sorry, cannot try that now as second Linn taken to second address last week; not possible to retrieve for next few weeks, but to be clear, never had problems streaming on Linn DS and problems with Muso occur when no other device playing from NAS

Comment

• Mach1
            • Jan 2010

Spoon

Frizzlefry on the Naim forum asked if I was transcoding the files. I was not but interestingly, converting the FLAC files to WAV and the Muso plays the files without problem.

So I changed the Asset settings to play FLAC as WAV and ... Muso again plays the FLAC files, played aw WAV, without problem.

Does this have any significance for you?

Will let you know what Naim forum suggests when I hear more.

Comment

• dbfan
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jan 2011

If anything the wave file would be twice as large, make sure the muso is on the latest firmware.

Comment

• Mach1
                • Jan 2010

Mr Spoonsi

yes it is the latest firmware ( on 4/1/15, update was forecast for "later this month".. perhaps time has stopped in Salisbury) and yes, that would be the logical assumption. However, with my NAS running WHS / asset, FLAC transcoded to WAV on the fly over wireless is better than FLAC over cable on my Naim Muso. Then, both options bettered by my MacBook Pro laptop running asset. Never had any such issues with Linn DS; my punishment for crossing over to the dark side of Salisbury.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark

Comment

Working...

]]>