title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I seperate FLAC and mp3 files into different folders?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FaithsDad
    • Feb 2015

Can I seperate FLAC and mp3 files into different folders?

I have been ripping my CDs using the multi-encoder (FLAC for home stereo and mp3 for portable devices) and things have been working fine.

I recently purchased a Sonos Connect, hooked it up, and all is good... some of the audio is not great, but I am blaming that on the older receiver (new one on the way).

I started thinking about whether the Sonos was using the FLAC file or the mp3 file... I called Sonos and they do not have way to choose a "default" file type or set a preference.

My solution is to create 2 folders (unless someone has a better idea), 1 for FLAC and 1 for mp3... and designate the path for the Sonos to be the FLAC only. I attempted to separate them, but I was given an error message (I might have just grabbed too many files at 1 time) and the files did not move. I thought I had better check with the forums before attempting again because of the questions below.

I searched the FAQ and the CD Ripper forum but nothing came up.

So... questions...

Has anyone encountered this situation and what was your solution?
    Can dBpoweramp send the 2 different file types to 2 different locations during the rip using the multi-encoder?
    If I am able to move the mp3 files to a new folder... how do I keep the songs in a correct Artist /Album folder configuration without having to drag and drop each album individually?

Thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I seperate FLAC and mp3 files into different folders?

On multi enocder, you specify the storage location for each encoder, copy the naming string from CD Ripper, so you specify it in the actual multi enocder.

You can move your mp3, visit codec central, install Arrange Audio, if you run batch converter, select the filter for just mp3, then click the main folder to select the music. Click Convert, set the encoder as 'Arrange Audio', change the output to folder to a new location and specify the naming as:

[origpath]\[origfilename]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hogger129
      • Dec 2013

Re: Can I seperate FLAC and mp3 files into different folders?

Yup, use the Multi Encoder option, set up each one like you normally would when ripping, but just point each one to different locations.

Comment

Working...

]]>