title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Duplicate title.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Duplicate title.

I have just ripped a double cd of the same artist.A title on the second cd is the same title on the first -but a different version.Then a pop up window came up in DBPA-.iF That happens do I Overwrite or cancel.is there a way to inc same title track..?(thats diff-version.)
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Duplicate title.

Hey daleb,

the problem is your naming. It is a good practice to split the CDs of a multi disc album into separate folders or to add the number of the disc into the file name (like I do).

Dat Ei

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

thanks for info Dat Ei.

I got around it by rippin just the track again it came up in windows save as flac 2.Job done.Maybe if i change name of track slighty when listing that would do it.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by daleyb
        I got around it by rippin just the track again it came up in windows save as flac 2.Job done.Maybe if i change name of track slighty when listing that would do it.
        In the Naming section of CDRipper, add disc number to the filename.

e.g. use [disc].[track] [artist] - [title] instead of the default [track] [artist] - [title]

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daleyb
          thanks for info Dat Ei.

For additional versions, I always add some identifying qualifier in brackets. Like...

Blowin in the Wind
          Blowin in the Wind [Live]
          Blowin in the Wind [Alt]
          etc etc

This isn't just for preventing overwrites, although that's an obvious need, too. When you want to listen to these songs, you'll want some way to know which is which.

Comment

Working...

]]>