title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Product License issue - I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moondoggy
    • Jan 2015

Product License issue - I'm confused

I’m confused about my license and what I’m entitled to have installed on my PC. I originally purchased DBPowerAmp back in 2012 and upgraded my copy to R15 n February of 2014. I was running a Windows 8.x compatibility test today on my system and it came back saying that my copy of dbPowerAmp DSP Effects had a compatibility issue and that an upgrade was available. I checked my control panel and it says that I have dbpoweramp v15.1 and dbpoweramp DSP Effects v11 installed. From the Microsoft 8.x compatibility report I pressed the link to the upgrade and downloaded it but I'm now questioning how I ended up with DSP Effects on my PC and if it's a part of dbPoweramp? Was it a part v14 and a part of v15.1 and I didn't install all of the upgrade or what? Is DSP Effects a separate product now with a separate license and upgrade cost? Is DSP Effects even needed if you're using dbpoweramp to only convert audio CD to MP3 so I can play them on the music player I take to the gym? Is the upgrade to DSP Effects free if I do need it?

Bottom line is that I'm totally confused about what I have and what I need. I want to be legally licensed for all of my products and just want to make sure that if and when I upgrade to Windows 8.1 or to Windows 10 I'll have compatible products. Can anyone help to enlighten me? Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Product License issue - I'm confused

The DSP effects come with R14 and R15 Reference, or they can be downloaded on their own.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Moondoggy
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for the info. Apparently though, the DSP effects version that was linked to Microsoft Windows 8.1 compatibility test software was version 11 that I had installed previously and this version is something that Microsoft is saying is not compatible with Windows 8.1. If it's not compatible with Windows 8.1 then are you aware of a version of DSP effects that is compatible and where I might download it? Do you by chance know if this is an issue that illustrate is already aware of or whether this is some false compatibility issue (i.e. false positive)? Again, my question is whether DSP effects is needed to successfully convert an Audio CD to an MP3 format so I can play albums on my MP3 player at the Gym?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Every DSP effect is compatible with 8.1, I am not sure why MS have it on that list.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>