title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Scanning Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tombeck7
    • Nov 2014

Scanning Album Art

I noticed that you can initiate a scan of an album cover from within dBp, a program called ScanGear MF. Does this only work with Canon scanners or can it be configured to work with other scanners? I have a Samsung multi function machine.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Scanning Album Art

It would be the default scanner, devices and printers should list them.

Comment

• tombeck7
      • Nov 2014

There is a Samsung scanner (part of a multi function machine) listed in my Devices & Printers, but the scanning program initiated by dBp is called ScanGear MF, which seems to be looking for a Canon D1300/MF6700 scanner, which of course, I don't have. Can I use ScanGear MF for scanning from my Samsung, or do I just ignore dBp's ScanGear MF application altogether and use my own?

Thank you for your assistance

Comment

• cpprioli
        • Jan 2013

A few things to check...

1. Did this PC ever have a CanoScan scanner (or a Canon MFP with a CanoScan scanner) installed? If so... and if that device is no longer used... uninstall it. If not, contune reading...
        2. Does the Samsung scanner respond if you attempt to use it to scan the label art within the dbpa app?
        3. Does the scanner portion of the Samsung MFP work properly under Windows?
        4. Is there a Windows software utility used to control the Samsung MFP scanner, or is it controlled only by the MFP control panel?

Comment

• tombeck7
          • Nov 2014

1) possibly at one time as I've been connected to different printers at my client companies over the years. There are not any Canon devices in Devices & Printers.
          2) Samsung scanner doesn't respond trying to access it within dbpa.
          3) Samsung scanner does work fine with Windows, which until I discovered the "add from scanner" menu item within dbpa, is what I was using to add album art
          4) There could be a Windows software utility used to control the Samsung MFP, but I've never used it. I've always used the Samsung scanner app that came with my MFP.

Thank you for your help

Comment

• cpprioli
            • Jan 2013

OK -- Assuming you are using Win 7 or newer... launch Windows Fax and Scan from the All Programs menu or by entering %windir%\system32\WFS.exe in the Search box and pressing Enter. Then, click Tools > Scan Routing... and see what scanners are listed there. If the Samsung scanner unit is not listed (or is not at the top of the list), Windows is not recognizing it as the default scanner.

Also... run AppWiz.cpl and look for any instances of Canon ScanGear that can be uninstalled, and check the All Programs menu to see if it shows up there.
            Last edited by cpprioli; 01-04-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>