title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

VBR AAC encoding?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atirox
    • Dec 2014

VBR AAC encoding?

So... Here's the long version...

Having used multiple audio players, OS'es, and other various audio software, I've been using dBpoweramp out of necessity for quite a while now. One of the formats I've used a lot of is AAC, due to my iPod and iTunes requiring it, and the fact that MP3 isn't an option for me. I switched computers, and hadn't realized I was missing the AAC codec on this machine, so had to re-download it. Found out that it's been changed from using Nero software to using Fraunhofer software. Fine by me. (Always thought highly of them anyway). Went to encode some files in AAC, and found out that they're all CBR at said bit rate (320 kbps), instead of VBR like they used to be...

The short version...

What happened to VBR encoding when using the AAC codec? Why is it all CBR now? Will VBR be coming back?
  • thexfile
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2010

Re: VBR AAC encoding?

There's been an update.
    This update adds Variable Bitrate Encoding. Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpoweramp-Codec-m4a%20FDK%20(AAC)%20Encoder.exe 1.9MB

Comment

• atirox
      • Dec 2014

Thanks thexfile. I don't know how I missed that one. :P

Comment

• Big Z
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by thexfile
        Cool, what about for the other one, Audio Data Trasnport Stream aka ADTS? Can you add a VBR option for that too?

Comment

Working...

]]>