title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Default Separator for Multiple Values for a Given Field.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d2b
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2010

Default Separator for Multiple Values for a Given Field.

Is it possible to change the default "separator" for multiple values for a given field name from the "semicolon-space" separator to the "double backslash" separator used by mp3tag? We work exclusively with FLAC tags, if that makes any difference.

If not, would you consider making that an option in a future release? It would save us some time correcting tag values and make life a lot easier...one of my favorite goals!

Dennis...aka "d2b"
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Default Separator for Multiple Values for a Given Field.

It is just a representation, '; ' is not written to FLAC files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• d2b
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is just a representation, '; ' is not written to FLAC files.
      I know that. The problem is that users end up using the semicolon-space separator when editing tags in mp3tag. They fall into this trap because they switch back and forth between the two applications. Of course that doesn't work, so then our librarian has to go back and edit faulty tags to correct them.

Now one could say that I should ask Florian to change his separator, but the "\\" separator seems easier to apply and appeals to me as a distinct pair of characters.

I just thought it would be good if the two programs used the same separator, so I thought I'd ask if it were possible to make the "\\" character pair do the same thing as a semicolon-space. It wouldn't even have to be a programmable option...just another way for dBpoweramp to recognize that the next value in the string is a new tag value. Seems to me that this would be a rather simple alteration to the code.

Dennis....aka "d2b"
      Last edited by d2b; 12-03-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

'; ' is the standard across many applications (foobar, Windows Media Player, Media Monkey), we follow the standard.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• d2b
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          '; ' is the standard across many applications (foobar, Windows Media Player, Media Monkey), we follow the standard.
          I hear you loud and clear. Sorry for taking your time. I thought add an alternative separator would be easy.

Dennis...aka "d2b"

Comment

Working...

]]>