title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't get 3 discs recognised or rid of errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnston
    • Oct 2014

Can't get 3 discs recognised or rid of errors

Hi

I've managed to get only 1 CD to be recognised.
    Then the rest start to rip but as soon as the Pass 1 bit has been done are repeating 'errors'.
    I am using an Apple Superdrive, via VM's Fusion Software so that I can hace access on Windows. Could this be the problem... I don't think it is but maybe!

Can somebody please help as none of my CD's seem to be rippable. This was not a problem wen I didi the smae thing on a MacBook laptop.
    Thank you.
    Johnsie
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't get 3 discs recognised or rid of errors

It has probably already configured, only 1 disc is needed if the drive is known.

You are best using the native OS X version of dBpoweramp, you can find this here:

Current Status This test release is at code release stage. Currently implemented: CD Ripper Converter Batch Converter Integration into Finder to 'convert with dBpoweramp' on right click Editing Tags Test Limitations There are no limitations except a time limit when this alpha / beta test will end, and the program will
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnston
      • Oct 2014

Hi Spoon

Good stuff. Thank you very much. It's working fine using the Mac Application. Is this a prototype and is is recording to the same level as the Reference I bought a few days ago please?

J

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnston
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
          Yes
          Hi again Spoon.

Bit of feedback or information sought please. I created a Ripping Programme and called it SuperRipper with all the additional setting recommended by you. How can I set this as the Default programme please so that when I reopen I don't inadvertently use the Default and lesser Ripper.

Thank-you.

Johnston

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It should be obvious which ripper is being used, as dBpoweramp is visually unique. I am not sure on the mac how to make it the default ripper.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnston
              • Oct 2014

It's not really! I guess I'm lazy and don't think to check. Solution; I altered the default to replicate the best settings.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Johnston
                It's not really! I guess I'm lazy and don't think to check. Solution; I altered the default to replicate the best settings.
                but if the default ripper is something other than dbpa, you're not getting the same ripping capability or quality no matter what settings you are replicating. Frankly, I'm confused. It is very obvious on my machine whether I'm using dbpa, foobar2000, itunes, or any other ripper. It is not subtle.

Comment

Working...

]]>