title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper 15.1 cannot read CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akihito
    • Oct 2014

CD Ripper 15.1 cannot read CD

I have installed CD Ripper 15.1 to my new PC and clicked the icon on the desktop, and inserted CD media to DVD-ROM.
    Then the applicaiton run and was "Reading CD", but it stopped and showed the message "Insert Audio CD".
    Refresh button did not work. I tried several times but the results were same.
    I used ver. 14 on my preivious PC and I have never encountered such issues.
    Would you tell me how to resolve the issue?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper 15.1 cannot read CD

First check in Windows explorer that it says when looking at My Computer, that an audio disc (CDFS) is inserted, if not then the drive is not able to read the disc.

If it does list correctly, then:

CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication - change this to Windows Built-In and restart CD Ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Akihito
      • Oct 2014

Thank you for your quick response.
      Yes, my pc explore shows it recognizes an audio cd, and I can play the music by the Windows media player.
      I have changed the setting of Communication to "Windows Internal" since I cannot chose "Windows Built-In" you mentioned.
      And now that CD Ripper can rip the cd tracks, but I think it is still unstabel, because Refresh button does not work and stauts is "Insert Audio CD".

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Is the correct CD drive selected? (if you have more than one)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Akihito
          • Oct 2014

Yes, only one CD drive is connected via USB, and CD ripper show the model*.
          I have used CD ripper 14 without any trouble with Pioneer DVR-XD10J on Windows 7, and I have bought a new Windows 8.1 pc, and I use CD Ripper 15.1 with same CD drive, but it does not work well.
          What is the reason?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>And now that CD Ripper can rip the cd tracks, but I think it is still unstabel, because Refresh button does not work and stauts is "Insert Audio CD".

How were you able to rip the CD if it status was Insert Audio CD?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Akihito
              • Oct 2014

I set an audio cd in the cd drive and then started CD ripper, then the tracks were displayed and were able to be ripped.
              However after the ripping completeion, I wanted to rip the tracks again to another hard disk and click the refresh button, and the applicaiton did not work, but it showed the comment "Insert CD Audio" though the audio disk was still set.

When I usually start the cd ripper first and set an audio cd, the cd is not recognized and the comment "Insert CD Audio" is displayed.
              Start the CD ripper and then set cd.
              This is the normal step, isn't it?

Comment

Working...

]]>