title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Deletion Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajarhead
    • Sep 2014

File Deletion Confirmation

Whenever I want to delete an mp3 file using "delete" from the right click context menu, a large confirmation box appears. This box is so large that the confirmation button which is near the bottom of the box is inaccessible. This makes it very difficult to delete the file. How do I disable this confirmation box? Of course I want to delete it or I would not have clicked on delete. This confirmation box is totally unnecessary and I want to get rid of it.

Please help.
  • pajarhead
    • Sep 2014

Re: File Deletion Confirmation

Originally posted by pajarhead
    Whenever I want to delete an mp3 file using "delete" from the right click context menu, a large confirmation box appears. This box is so large that the confirmation button which is near the bottom of the box is inaccessible. This makes it very difficult to delete the file. How do I disable this confirmation box? Of course I want to delete it or I would not have clicked on delete. This confirmation box is totally unnecessary and I want to get rid of it.

Please help.
    I found that I can eliminate this HUGE confirmation box by disabling popup information tips. But then this also disables the ability to arrow over an mp3 file and read the id tag information. The ability to read this information is the main reason I installed this program. But its use prevents me from deleting mp3 files as I cannot reach the confirmation button at the bottom. In other words I must forfeit the ability to read mp3 tag data as a condition to eliminating that HUGE, unnecessary delete confirmation box. Is this my only choice? If so, it seems this program is very poorly written.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Windows uses the popup info tip for the deletion box, R15 included this:

Popup info tip is limited to 34 lines to stop the deletion dialog for Windows being off screen (top and bottom)

What is your screen resolution?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pajarhead
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
        Windows uses the popup info tip for the deletion box, R15 included this:

Popup info tip is limited to 34 lines to stop the deletion dialog for Windows being off screen (top and bottom)

What is your screen resolution?
        I have a 24 inch monitor running 1680 X 1050 resolution. This resolution fits my monitor perfectly. The only application which does not fit, I repeat, the ONLY application that does not fit, is your file deletion confirmation. Searching Google I find that I am not the only one having this problem. I think you need to change something here. That file confirmation box should be deleted in it's entirety. There is no need for it. Windows already has a quite acceptable one which is only 20% of the size. Or at least give the user the option of disabling it or consider reducing the number of lines.

I have a friend who uninstalled your program solely because of this confirmation box.

I am comfortable hacking the registry. Is there a key I can delete or a value I can change to make this thing go away?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Windows gets the value from the popup info tip to show in that delete box, it is not possible to separate the two.

If you run dBpoweramp configuration >> Music Converter >> click 'Advanced' next to popup info tips. There you can set the maximum line count, reduce so fits on your screen.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pajarhead
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            Windows gets the value from the popup info tip to show in that delete box, it is not possible to separate the two.

If you run dBpoweramp configuration >> Music Converter >> click 'Advanced' next to popup info tips. There you can set the maximum line count, reduce so fits on your screen.
            I changed to 30 lines. Now everything is fine.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...

]]>