title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Check Server Status

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alepsis
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2014

Check Server Status

Asset UPnP 4.3, Win XP

(1) How can one tell locally if Asset UPnP is running, other than using Asset Configuration? Task Manager?

(2) How can one tell remotely (e.g., from an iOS device) if Asset UPnP is running?

(I encountered the following situation. Windows notified that Asset 'had to close' etc. But Asset Configuration reported no change. iOS clients who connected to Asset UPnP couldn't find it any more on the network. I could ping the address successfully, but that didn't tell me if Asset was running. So I didn't know if the problem was with the iPhone, the iOS UPnP client, or with Asset. I clicked the Restart Asset button, but that didn't change anything; only a restart of the Windows machine solved the issue.)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Check Server Status

Yes it would appear in taskmgr, you might have to check the box ''all processes''

Only through a upnp browser can you tell remotely.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Alepsis
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2014

Happened again, no crash this time. At one point, Asset UPnP was working; a few hours later, when I checked again, it had vanished from the LAN. I checked the server, Task Manager has Asset-uPNP.exe up and running. Asset Configuration says it's running. But no renderer sees it; Oppian UPnP Browser doesn't see it either; and port 26125 (which seems to be the one Asset is using) is not open. I tried restarting from Asset Configuration, no change. Eventually I restarted the machine, after which Asset is again up and running. But what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There should be two asset-upnp.exe running, as one calls the other, you see asset self detects when it crashes and self restarts. If asset is not self restarting, it suggests something external is doing something to it, potentially security software blocking it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Alepsis
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2014

There are two running now, when Asset is working. Only one before rebooting, when it wasn't working. No security software -- I shut down Win Firewall, ZoneAlarm, etc, because I'm evaluating what server to buy (testing JRiver, Twonky, Asset), and at this point I don't want the additional complications they introduce. (JRiver and Twonky were not running.)

Comment

Working...

]]>