title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to communicate with Accurate Rip - CD ripper freezes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulEasterly
    • Mar 2012

Unable to communicate with Accurate Rip - CD ripper freezes

I've never really had any problems with dbPoweramp but tonight it is suddenly unable to communicate with Accurate Rip. I've tried three CDs and rebooted twice. My internet connection seems fine (I'm here!).
    I have two DVD drives and it happens with both.
    When I have tried to stop dbPoweramp with Task Manager (WIndows 7) it keeps going.

What is going on?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to communicate with Accurate Rip - CD ripper freezes

Security software blocking it?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PaulEasterly
      • Mar 2012

I use a service provided by Bullguard (http://www.bullguard.com/) which is generally trouble-free and warns you if it doesn't like the behaviour of a programme. I have received no alerts.
      What is baffling me is that I am aware of no recent changes to my system. Despite this, I got the attached pop-up which persisted fro over five minutes and totally disabled dbPoweramp Click image for larger version

Name:	dbp frozen.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	292746 .

Comment

• PaulEasterly
        • Mar 2012

Right first time, Spoon! I'm a bit surprised the AV/firewall etc software didn't at least squawk before blocking dbPoweramp in such a comprehensive way. Now I have to find out which element of the "suite" is doing the blocking. Deep Joy.

Comment

Working...

]]>