title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Raspberry PI - Slow Loading Album Track List in Artist / Album View

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trickiedickie
    • Jun 2014

Raspberry PI - Slow Loading Album Track List in Artist / Album View

Have installed Asset on a Raspberry PI. Default installation, all working fine.

I have added to the top of the Browse Tree another item. This is

Album Artist / Album (A to Z), No track list checked
    +\Album, both check boxes unchecked.

I have rescanned but find that when selecting an album (i.e. Bring up the Album Artists, select an Artist, then select an album) it takes approx 12 seconds to load the track list for the selected album. All other navigation in this part of the tree is fast.

If I do the same but with the Artist / Album option the track list appears in just over a second.

This behaviour is the same when doing the same off the Advanced Search > Album Artist / Album.

This does not happen using the Windows version of Asset.

Data is held on a Negear Readynas 104, this is connected to the same switch as the Pi. There are 15k tracks, 1215 albums. Control point is Naim nStream.

Any advice on how to speed this up as I prefer using the Album / Artist view.

Thank you

Richard
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Raspberry PI - Slow Loading Album Track List in Artist / Album View

Looks like a problem with Asset; it will be looked into. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Noted, we will test this in the near future.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2013

Hi Richard,
        Not experiencing this problem - Album Artist / Album -> Album -> Track Listing is fast, and comparable with Artist / Album -> Album -> Track Listing, which involves more Artists than Album Artists.

I am running the latest Beta version of Asset on the RPi, Premium Registered, with a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 2+ backend (but it was just as quick with my old ReadyNAS Duo, which has dramatically less power). Infact all the Menu browsing in n-Stream is performed from the ReadyNAS cache (2GB on the Ultra 2+, and 1GB on the Duo), as I have them configured to Sleep the disks after 10 mins of inactivity, and the Menu browsing, just like the periodic 'Detect Changes' does not cause the disks to come out of 'Sleeping' state.

How much cache does your ReadyNAS 104 have?
        What does your AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt file look like? Did you edit it via the Web-page or edit it in a txt viewer?

I have made mine available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu8etep76...PbXFIT2uato_Ha, when I published the Configuration Guide during the initial Beta program. How does it compare?

All the best,
        Simon.

Comment

• trickiedickie
          • Jun 2014

Thanks all

Simon, nice to see you over here!

I tried the file Simon suggested and the results were the same. So installed the Beta and this resolved the problem.

In fact the performance with the Beta is much better, and the list of tracks now appears in a split second on all views.

Many thanks

Richard

Comment

• simes_pep
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2013

Good to hear you have it sorted.

This Beta_post_release (a 4.2.1) has been out for a while and seems stable, plus I think there are some additional fixes in the Windows version re. album count decrementing on track deletion, so here's hoping for a new release soon.

I have also made some suggestions in the Wishlist thread, for some possible additional features for the Asset product on the RPi.

Simon.

Comment

• simes_pep
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

With new Asset features/functionality added into the Windows and Linux versions, when are these to be applied to the Raspberry Pi version?

Looking forward to a new Beta to deploy and test.

Thanks,
              Simon.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

There will be an update to R4.2.1 for OS X and Pi soon.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Batleys
                  • Jun 2011

Sorry to ask perhaps an obvious question, but where can I download the 4.2.1 beta from to install over my registered 4.2 version? I too experience the performance issues referred to.
                  Simon

Comment

• simes_pep
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2013

The link is in this thread
                    I'm running the registered version of Asset on a Pi, connected to the same switch as a Linn KDS. Music is stored on a 2TB USB ext4 disk. In the exact middle of every track playback is paused for a second or two while the KDS buffers. I'm transcoding Flac to Wav in Asset. When the buffering happens the CPU loading for the

The latest Beta is at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-RaspberryPi.tar.gz

But I think it is a 4.2 release with some bug fixes after the initial release.

4.2.1 should introduce some of the features/improvements added into the latest release for Windows.

Simon
                    Last edited by simes_pep; 06-30-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Batleys
                      • Jun 2011

Hi, thanks... Downloaded it and now running
                      Simon

Comment

Working...

]]>