title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track names: Did I miss it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redd
    • May 2014

Track names: Did I miss it?

I tried a dbp cd rip tonight, and each track is saved under the file name "Track** Artist-TrackName" where normally I'd just save each track by the track name alone.

I'm not seeing any option to change this. Surely I've missed it? Is there someplace to set the way tracks are named?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Track names: Did I miss it?

Originally posted by Redd
    I tried a dbp cd rip tonight, and each track is saved under the file name "Track** Artist-TrackName" where normally I'd just save each track by the track name alone.

I'm not seeing any option to change this. Surely I've missed it? Is there someplace to set the way tracks are named?
    do you mean file names (versus metadata)? If so, look at the lower left of the screen on the ripping screen. You should see a setting for path and naming. On the naming row, click the setting to the right and it will take you to the dynamic naming page where you can set how you want your files to be named. I use the following to handle naming:
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

Comment

• Redd
      • May 2014

Re: Track names: Did I miss it?

"You should see a setting for path and naming. "
      heheh, there you go confusing me again.

I see a setting for PATH and a separate setting for NAME, four separate settings actually.

The setting for NAME had a blurb about dynamic settings in it, which I took at face value meaning the FOLDER that was being made would be made with a dynamic value, reflecting the name of the album. It doesn't indicate at all that the FILE NAMES are what will be controlled by this setting.

But thank you for pointing that out, now I stand a good chance of being able to get the names done correctly.<G>

A bit OT, but I also don't find any setting for the forum to send me an email when a reply is posted in a thread? Is that also possible?

And the "Accurate" feature seems a bit wonky, I ripped and re-ripped one track, and it says 20-odd percent, although everything else was 100% on that CD and my drive is pretending to be 100% reliable under other software. Different versions, different discs, making the "accurate" a bit loose?

Comment

Working...

]]>