title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Run External After Batch programming

Run External After Batch programming

Hi,

I need to do something very specific... Can you help me?

I'm using the Run External DSP, with the "After Batch" option. That's what I want.

My program is a batch file.

But in the command line, I need to find a way to give the full path to the songs that I've just ripped...

The path which was in the Path AND Naming values on the main screen of dBpa.

Is there some kind of keyword that I can use to do so? Like [PATH] or something?

P.S. My batch file is working OK with the "After Conversion" option and "[outfilelong]" as a command line, but I really need to do it "After Batch" with the path only (and no file names).

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Re: Run External After Batch programming

It is not possible because each file could conceivably go into a different folder.

Mmm... I'm afraid you're right!

I will find another way of doing it.

Besides [infile], [outfile], [infilelong] and [outfilelong], are there other keywords that I can use within the "After Conversion" command line?
    Last edited by projeKct; 05-06-2014 at 06:02 AM.

I've found a solution!!

In the CD Ripper, I run the Playlist Writer DSP: the playlist is written to D:\rg.m3u

Then I run the Run External DSP: the "Program" is a batch file with only 1 line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /context_command:"Replaygain/Scan selection as a single album" D:\rg.m3u /hide

(The Foobar2000 ReplayGain Scanner is set to "Quiet Mode"...)

So the ReplayGain values are perfect!!
    Last edited by projeKct; 05-06-2014 at 10:08 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by projeKct View Post
    I've found a solution!!

In the CD Ripper, I run the Playlist Writer DSP: the playlist is written to D:\rg.m3u

Then I run the Run External DSP: the "Program" is a batch file with only 1 line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /context_command:"Replaygain/Scan selection as a single album" D:\rg.m3u /hide

(The Foobar2000 ReplayGain Scanner is set to "Quiet Mode"...)

So the ReplayGain values are perfect!!
    This was about adding ReplayGain values? Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer foobar over dBp for that?

For two reasons (mentionned earlier):

1) dBpa has this strange "prevent clipping" feature that I don't understand nor want. For some tracks, I get a warning (when using the ReplayGain DSP): Normalisation gain would have resulted in clipping, gain has been reduced to prevent this... This is useless (in my humble opinion), because most (if not all) mp3 players (not rippers or encoders) have this "prevent clipping" option when playing tracks with RG.

2) This way, the RG values (gain and peak) are calculated after the conversion. It doesn't make any difference for a lossless conversion, but most of the time lossy conversion doesn't lead to the same track gains or track peaks as the source files.

But... maybe one day dBpa will have both of these "options".

Does it make sense? (even if - I know - I'm a little crazy about these things...)
    Last edited by projeKct; 05-08-2014 at 07:27 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by projeKct View Post
    Does it make sense? (even if - I know - I'm a little crazy about these things...)
    Sure it makes sense....thanks for taking the time to explain. :smile2: (I hadn't noticed that the "clipping thread" was also yours....)

And don't worry, we're all a little obsessive about one aspect or another of this music library thing. That's kinda why we're here!