title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

Hi - as it says above, even though the option is ticked in the configuration box the option no longer appears in the right-click menu. This worked ok in the previous release.

Mick

EDIT: Ah, and neither is it showing "Convert to..." either. I must be doing something wrong here...
    Last edited by mickc; 02-27-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Administrator

Re: Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

for which audio type?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've tried with both .FLAC and .mp3, with no luck on either. I'll try and uninstall/reinstall to see if that sorts it.

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

Confirming that I'm noticing the same thing. Running win7(64) with R15 and all the latest 64bit DSPs installed. All are there and work when doing batch convert, etc. And in settings, I've "ticked" to show edit ID tag and convert to in explorer. I ONLY see "batch convert" in the right click menu under windows explorer (flac or mp3 files). I do NOT see "covert to" or "edit ID tags".

Note: I've rebooted computer, reinstalled R15 and then rebooted computer, and still with same results.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok panic over. I uninstalled, ran dBpoweramp-reset.exe, rebooted and reinstalled R15. Both "Edit ID Tags" and "Convert to..." options now appear.

Thanks for your time,

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

did you lose all your settings when you uninstalled and ran dbpoweramp-reset.exe?

Administrator

dbpoweramp-reset would not clear the 64 bit dbpoweramp (only 32 bit).

Anyhow, uninstalling, reboot Windows, then re-install should re add the convert-to

I wonder if right-clicking on the install file and choosing Run As Administrator would do the same on the initial install.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    dbpoweramp-reset would not clear the 64 bit dbpoweramp (only 32 bit).

Anyhow, uninstalling, reboot Windows, then re-install should re add the convert-to
    I uninstalled dbpa R15, rebooted, then ran dbpa-reset (just for good measure), then reinstalled R15. I still don't have "convert to" or "edit ID tag" in right click explorer menu (even though ticked in dbpa settings). However, doing these steps did cause me to lose all my dbpa settings (dynamic naming, secure ripping settings, metadata settings, etc.).

Note: I had previously uninstalled R14.4 and installed R15 (which did save all my settings).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I uninstalled dbpa R15, rebooted, then ran dbpa-reset (just for good measure), then reinstalled R15. I still don't have "convert to" or "edit ID tag" in right click explorer menu (even though ticked in dbpa settings). However, doing these steps did cause me to lose all my dbpa settings (dynamic naming, secure ripping settings, metadata settings, etc.).

Note: I had previously uninstalled R14.4 and installed R15 (which did save all my settings).
    never mind. I thought I recalled having these options when selecting artist/album or album directories. I see that I do have the options when I'm inside an album directory and select the audio files themselves.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    did you lose all your settings when you uninstalled and ran dbpoweramp-reset.exe?
    Well, I don't know what caused the loss, but I did have to set up the naming and default directory again. Fortunately I keep the naming setup in a text file so it was just a matter of copy-n-paste.

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    Well, I don't know what caused the loss, but I did have to set up the naming and default directory again. Fortunately I keep the naming setup in a text file so it was just a matter of copy-n-paste.

Mick
    I had to do those things (which was easy as I have that info), but also go through all my metadata options (which tags are written) and logging options.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Spoon,

I've ran into the some trouble. After an uninstall of the 64bit version, a reboot and the use of dBpoweramp-Reset.exe I've installed the 32bit version again (just for the use of Fraunhofer mp3 codec). After the install it was not possible to edit the ID tags by right clicking the menu entry in the context menu of the file explorer. My OS is Windows 7 Professionell 64bit.

My suspect is that something is going wrong with the 32bit version under Win7 64bit in general or after an uninstall of the 64bit version and reinstall of the 32bit version.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Spoon,

no idea? I've seen the menu entry "Edit ID-Tag" in the 32bit version, but when I clicked the menu entry, I did not see the usual edit dialog.

In the meanwhile I've re-installed the 64bit version. In the 64bit version the "Edit ID-Tag" menu entry is working like it should. BTW: although I had uninstalled the 64bit version, installed the 32bit version and used the reset program before, all configurations of my first 64bit installation where still there. Can it be that after a 64bit uninstallation a dll is still registered, so that the following 32bit installation tries to access the deleted, but still registered dll? Is it maybe a problem of the uninstall and install routines of the 32bit and 64bit version?

At the moment I can choose between a 32bit version with Fraunhofer mp3 codec and no working "Edit ID-Tag" menu entry, or a 64bit version without Fraunhofer mp3 codec, but with a working "Edit ID-Tag" menu entry. That's frustrating...

Dat Ei

Administrator

If you uncheck the options in config program for edit id tag and convert to, that unregisters it from the codec.

Then uninstall 64 bit version, then restart Windows (full shut down and reboot) then install 32 bit.