title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track numbers from filename or any other way.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george-london
    • Jul 2011

Track numbers from filename or any other way.

Hello Spoon, hope you are well.

Got one more question for you and will start with an example:

I ripped say, Beethoven's 9 Symphonies, from a set of 6 CD's. Ripper will add track number and disk number. That is great so far :smile2:

Now, I have sorted all files based not on their CD and Track Number but on the Symphony number and Track and gave file names as follows: 01-42-028941506627.flac (01 is track one, 42 is "out of" 42 and the rest of the filename is the UPC of the CD set) All tags are filled in with all track and album info fully.

Obviously I deleted the "disk" tag as I wanted all tracks as one list. But track info at the moment is still as the track on the CD's so I have 6 sets of track number 1, six sets of track number 2 etc.

Now what I want to do is the following: I want to re-create the track information as follows: Track 01/42, 02/42, 03/42 based on the way I have sorted my filenames out as I want to put the symphonies in a row, (Symphony 1 track 1-4, Symphony 2 track 5-8, etc)

Anyway I can edit track information either based on the file name, or any other way you can suggest but I need the track/out of total way

Hope I made some sense lol

Let me know. At the moment I have to go to each track manually, right click select, edit ID tag and add say 1/42, 2/42, 3/42 manually and it is a pain!!!

Any faster way?

G
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Track numbers from filename or any other way.

You can try the Tag from Filename utility codec.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• george-london
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      You can try the Tag from Filename utility codec.
      Hi Spoon. I have tried this with [track] and it does take the first two digits as the track number

What parameter do I have to use to get as track number 7/38 from filename 07-38-028942903623.flac ?

As it stands it only adds track 7 but not track 7/38

George

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes the track count element would have to be supplied as 1/10 not 1-10

I do not think it is possible to be track count in with this method.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• george-london
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          Yes the track count element would have to be supplied as 1/10 not 1-10

I do not think it is possible to be track count in with this method.
          Hi Spoon. As you know it is not possible to use "/" in a windows file name. So the only way I can od it is either 1-10 or 1_10 or 110

Also as an idea, it would be very useful (like in iTunes) to be able to edit the track number separately from the "out of" count in both ripper and edit IDTag utilities.

George

Comment

Working...

]]>