title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA -> MP3 tag and info errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BradP
    • Sep 2003

WMA -> MP3 tag and info errors

I have been using DBPowerAmp for a long time with both MP3 and WMA codecs. This issue affects both my Win2000 and XP machines as follows:

1. WMAs are created by WMP9. They have good tags and work fine in both WMP9, Winamp and DBPowerAmp player. I use VBR in WMP9.
    2. Using the right-click convert, I convert WMAs to MP3 so that I can use them with my old iRock! portable player, again using VBR settings.
    3. Conversion works, files play fine, BUT...
    4. The info revealed about the files in DBPowerAmp (and on mouse-over in Explorer by DBPowerAmp) is incorrect. Examples:

-> a 5:29 minute song is now shown as being 29 minutes long (!) with a compression ratio of 44:1 and a bitrate of 32kbps. Real length is of course 5:29, compression ratio should be about 9:1 and the bitrate about 132kbps.

This happens randomly in that I can convert many files and only have errors on a few (perhaps 1 in 10 have this incorrect info). Furthermore, the same files produce the same errors every time - and can retry conversion and the same songs get the same errors. It's not a huge problem, but it throws me off when designing playlists! For consistency, I am now trying to avoid WMA and stick with MP3.

I am using the latest versions of DBPowerAmp and CDWriter on both machines. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA -> MP3 tag and info errors

Try the latest Beta of the Music Converter - in the Beta section of the forum, it has imporved mp3 length calculation.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>