title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not an Audio CD??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedBullet
    • Jan 2011

Not an Audio CD??

I am trying to use the batch ripper, and I am finding that it frequently rips the first disc and ejects it, then just starts beeping and saying the disc is rejected as not an audio CD (even though the tray is still out and I haven't put another CD in).

Is there a way to turn that behavior off??
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not an Audio CD??

No an audio CD means no audio tracks were found, it is not possible to rip a disc such as this.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RedBullet
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      No an audio CD means no audio tracks were found, it is not possible to rip a disc such as this.
      Right, that would make sense, but thats not how it is working... WHat I am experiencing is two things:

1) When a CD finished the tray ejects, and then I get repeated loud beeps and that error message, when the tray is out.
      2) It sometimes (probably a timing issue) will reject the CD as not an Audio CD, but just closing the tray and letting it try again works fine.

All my CDs are audio CDs, and they eventually rip. But the behavior of this in the batch ripper makes it REALLY annoying...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely an incompatibility between your CD Drive and Batch Ripper in relation to the sensing of the state of the tray, without the drive status (open / closed / disc loaded / disc unloaded) batch ripper cannot function as these are basic tests.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RedBullet
          • Jan 2011

Yea, I can imagine that. Anything I can do? It is a Pioneer DVD SATA player, maybe 5 years old at best?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I do not think there is much you can do.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RedBullet
              • Jan 2011

np, i'll survive.

Been a few years since I used DBPoweramp to rip all my music, currently using it to digitize my father's collection. You guys have done a stellar job, love the accurrip stuff!

Comment

Working...

]]>