title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why are there different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" results in Information

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Dread
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Why are there different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" results in Information

Hi all (again!)

Something I've been noticing and not quite sure about.... In the information displayed at the end of a rip, there are several different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" scores (underlined below) as well as the main Accurate Rip result (in bold below)

Why is this and what is it telling me/us?

Cheers

Max

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Mats 2\Faith No More\The Real Thing\01 Faith No More - From out of Nowhere.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 15177 (3:22) in 0:11. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Mats 2\Faith No More\The Real Thing\01 Faith No More - From out of Nowhere.flac
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: F385CD2F AccurateRip CRC: EEE38DBE (CRCv2) [DiscID: 011-0015aa3b-00bf5509-850cfe0b-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv2 eee38dbe]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 a54a0bea]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv2 e0f99659], Using Pressing Offset +667
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 8ac39237], Using Pressing Offset +667
    Last edited by Max Dread; 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Why are there different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" results in Information

Originally posted by Max Dread
    Hi all (again!)

Something I've been noticing and not quite sure about.... In the information displayed at the end of a rip, there are several different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" scores (underlined below) as well as the main Accurate Rip result (in bold below)

Why is this and what is it telling me/us?

Cheers

Max

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Mats 2\Faith No More\The Real Thing\01 Faith No More - From out of Nowhere.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 15177 (3:22) in 0:11. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Mats 2\Faith No More\The Real Thing\01 Faith No More - From out of Nowhere.flac
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: F385CD2F AccurateRip CRC: EEE38DBE (CRCv2) [DiscID: 011-0015aa3b-00bf5509-850cfe0b-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv2 eee38dbe]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 a54a0bea]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv2 e0f99659], Using Pressing Offset +667
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 8ac39237], Using Pressing Offset +667
    here's spoon's answer to similar question in another thread. Basically CDs have different pressings, and accuraterip compares to the different pressings, and may match more than one. All the pressings are supported in the database. The "scores" are just the number of matches. Even "1" is very good as you match some other persons rip of the same CD title (which is excellent).

I don't understand something about Confidence Levels...big surprise, I know. I don't get what the 4 different confidences below mean...20, 195, 11 and 85. I intially thought it was different versions of the disc but on many of them the pressing offset is the same. Here is the weird/concerning part. On EVERY album I have

Comment

• Max Dread
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Re: Why are there different "AccurateRip Verified Confidence" results in Information

That explains that then. Another item on the "To be figured out/queried" list crossed off........ Thanks to you that is!

Comment

Working...

]]>