title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Moving from Trial to Registered Version. PLUS - upgrade path to 15.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Dread
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Moving from Trial to Registered Version. PLUS - upgrade path to 15.

Hi

I've got 5 days left of the trial and have been suitably impressed to want to make my purchase.

1. When I register the software, will I continue to use it as if nothing has happened? Will my settings, profiles, etc all remain unchanged and as if I was still using the Trial?

2. What if there is a time gap between the end of trial and the purchase of the full software? What happens to settings, profiles, etc then?

3. Part of the reason for asking 2 is because I've just seen that version 15 is round the corner. Don't really want to miss out on that. Aside from waiting until Feb to make my purchase (so that I am within the 4 week period), are there any other options?

Many thanks

Max
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Moving from Trial to Registered Version. PLUS - upgrade path to 15.

1. You can uninstall the trial and install the registered version
    2. Potentially some settings will change to reflect that options are no longer available (such as ripping mode changing to burst from secure mode).
    3. Sadly there are no options on this, R15 will be released when we feel it is 100% ready.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

3. OK, so if I purchase 14.4 and 15 is released more than 28 days later, how much will the upgrade be?

Cheers

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Probably $12
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

I don't suppose there is a list somewhere showing all the updates for 15?

And do you feel reasonably confident about it being ready for March?

Sorry to keep bothering you with the questions. It's just that on the one hand I really want to make a start on ripping my collection. But on the other, money is really tight at the moment and I'm stretching as it is to buy the program. Paying more for the update for the sake of (potentially) a few days I just cannot afford.

So the more I know now the better I can make my decision as to what to do...

Many thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Change log is here:

This is a release candidate, ready for release after final testing. Download <now released> 14MB Registered Users, install over the top of the existing registered install to retain registration status. This beta functions until April 2014. This install contains both 64 bit install and 32 bit install. By default the

I cannot guarantee when release will be, only when I hope it will be.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

Thanks for the changelog. That's very helpful.

One last thing... Are you aiming for the beginning or end of March at the moment?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

We are not that precise sorry on this release, there are a few potential show stoppers.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2013

Hmmmm. Maybe I should just go for the 14.4 release then and upgrade at a later date. Do you (or anyone else reading this) think that even when 15 is released it will be more "buggy" to begin with than 14.4, due to the fact it is new? If so, maybe I will get 14.4 and give 15 a few months to settle down, so to speak....

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

I'd purchase 14.4 and get started. Dbpa releases don't tend to be buggy as spoon doesn't release until extensive testing. This said, 15 might be march, might be April, might be November. Spoon won't release until actually ready (unlike Apple, windows, etc. )

Comment

• Max Dread
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2013

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

Comment

• Max Dread
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2013

Any downsides on using the current FLAC (1.2.1) rather than the new version 1.3? What will be different?

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Max Dread
                          Any downsides on using the current FLAC (1.2.1) rather than the new version 1.3? What will be different?
                          No, in fact the changes in 1.3 don't really matter to dbpa given the way it implements 1.2.1. And keep in mind with lossless, if in the future (e.g., version 2.5!), if there is some super duper reason to change, one can easily batch convert from old flac files to new flac file version.

Comment

• husker
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Max Dread
                            Hmmmm. Maybe I should just go for the 14.4 release then and upgrade at a later date. Do you (or anyone else reading this) think that even when 15 is released it will be more "buggy" to begin with than 14.4, due to the fact it is new? If so, maybe I will get 14.4 and give 15 a few months to settle down, so to speak....

Max, I just went through the dilemma you have. I looked at the changelog, and didn't see anything that would really improve things for me. I went ahead and bought 14.4, and have started my project. I haven't regretted the decision.

Comment

• Max Dread
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Dec 2013

Thanks guys. Husker - I agree RE the changelog (especially now that I know what most of them things mean!!!).

Comment

Working...

]]>