title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag Processing Oddity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • husker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Tag Processing Oddity

Hi, I'm having an oddity that hopefully someone can help me with. I've set my path this way:

[artist]\[year] - [album]\MP3\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

When I rip, everything is fine. However, I just recently added the ID Tag Processing DSP to strip out tags I don't want. This, as well, works correctly. However, I wanted to replace the "/" with a "-" in the tag itself. I'm a big prog rock fan (like the only one left) and this is common in long pieces: Song: Movement 1/Movement 2/ Movement 3 etc. In the tag, I want it Movement 1-Movement 2-Movement 3. I added a work/character manipulation to replace / with -. This also works correctly in the tag. However, now the file names are actually not using [track] - [title], but now is using [track]of [track] (for example, not 01 - Title it is using 01-08 Title)

Does this make sense? I want the / to be replaced with - but not the title track changed.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag Processing Oddity

I do not think it is possible to replace tag characters for certain elements and not others.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• husker
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      I do not think it is possible to replace tag characters for certain elements and not others.
      I guess I don't see how the file name is being changed. With it set up as [track]-[title] why is it changing [track]?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Internally we store the tracks as 01/10 so if you replace / with - then our program cannot extract the track number from track count.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• husker
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

OK. That makes sense. Thank you.

Comment

• husker
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2013

Another similar question. I've setup several word replacements "an" to "An" "a" to "A" "to" to "To" etc. At one point, those were working, but don't seem to be now. They seem to work without the quotes, but that isn't really an option, as I don't want every letter a to be replaced with a capital A. I thought the quotes worked in the past. Is there something else I should set up?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Set it without quotes but with a space character on the end:

'A '

(removing the ')
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...