title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Naming issues batch converter

Naming issues batch converter

Hi, I´m trying to programme the BC to convert fully tagged FLAC files to AIFF. No problems until the disc is a compilation. This is my script:

[IFCOMP][Various Artist]\[album][IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] - [title][]

I want the compilations to end up in the AIFF directory, in the folder Various Artist\Compilation Album name\Disc 1\filename.aiff

But the result is the files all go in artist folders i.e. Madonna\Compilation Album name\filename.aiff (in the AIFF directory), even though I have checked "Compilation" in the file tags using Tag&rename, so that the tags allways shall be correct once I start converting the files.

Could you please assist me on this,

Kind regards,

Jan

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Naming issues batch converter

Remove the brackets around "Various Artist" So the beginning of your script should be:

[IFCOMP]Various Artist\[album][IFMULTI] ....

Note my script. I'm doing the same thing as you (but call my compilation folder, "Compilations" instead of "Various Artist". Note that I don't have brackets around "Compilations"

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]
    Last edited by garym; 11-27-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks, that worked. Another issue came up with the "[IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\". Even though I have disc * 1 and 2 tagged, for example on a 2 disc set, the result is all files end up in the same directory, and no "Disc 1" or "Disc 2" directory is created. Any idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Jan

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jankli View Post
    Thanks, that worked. Another issue came up with the "[IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\". Even though I have disc * 1 and 2 tagged, for example on a 2 disc set, the result is all files end up in the same directory, and no "Disc 1" or "Disc 2" directory is created. Any idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Jan
    You don't have a "\" after [IFMULTI] to create a Disk subdirectory. I've fixed your statement below. This should work now.

[IFCOMP]Various Artist\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[artist] - [album] - [track] - [title][]

Thanks a lot but it still doesn´t work. I use the statement directly from your post but BC still doesn't create the disc-directories. I checked the tags in MP3 tag and in Tag&rename and there is values 01 resp 02 in the CD* field....

Administrator

You need a disc count as well, so in cd ripper it would be 1/3 for disc

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You need a disc count as well, so in cd ripper it would be 1/3 for disc
    My string works when I'm ripping (so the ripper does know that I'm ripping 1/2, 2/2, etc.). But I don't save the total disk number field, so once ripped, I only have the disk number (1, 2, etc.). When I convert these FLAC files to something else (mp3) I use [trimfirstfolder][origpath]\[origfilename] type dynamic naming, so it automatically keeps the orginal structure, except puts it in x:\mp3 instead of x:\flac. I'm away from home, so I can't test using your string with AIFF conversion to see whether mine doesn't work without disktotal field. (but just in case, if your files are already in the structure you want and you just want an AIFF version, you should consider the "origpath" approach to dynamic naming.