title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ignore Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stroker198
    • Nov 2013

Ignore Files

I have two versions of every song in iTunes, ALAC and AAC. ALAC for streaming via my Naim and AAC for iPhone. Asset picks up both versions. How can i sent it to ignore the AAC files. There seems to be the option in advanced settings but even when ticked the AAC files are still found.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ignore Files

The issue is ALAC and AAC are both stored as m4a so it is not possible to separate them based on file extension.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stroker198
      • Nov 2013

So is there a way of separating them so only the ALAC stream. Allegro UPNP manages it but overall is not as good a UPNP as Asset, so I would prefer to stick with Asset.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If they are separated by path you can use the file and folder browsing.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stroker198
          • Nov 2013

Unfortunately the two formats sit in the same folders, by artist and album.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

They have different filenames?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stroker198
              • Nov 2013

All the AAC files have a 1 at the end of the track title.

E.G. Killer & Killer 1

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Really I would put effort into separating these files, dBpoweramp can do it with the Arrange Audio utility codec, if you have Windows.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Or you could create a Custom ID tag (e.g. Library), populate the tag with ALAC or AAC and set the Asset Browse Tree to use the Custom ID tag. This way you can view ALAC or AAC files separately in Asset.

Comment

• Stroker198
                    • Nov 2013

The Custom ID tag seems the lesser of two evils but how is done?

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Stroker198
                      The Custom ID tag seems the lesser of two evils but how is done?
                      Check these threads:

In a previous Thread "Spoon" wrote: Asset has the ability to display custom ID Tags (non-standard), with a little configuring. For example your FLAC library contains a unique tag of 'MOOD', you can add this to asset by: Start >> Run >> Regedit: Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\d

I have my music stored in 3 libraries, one with Music in FLAC's, one with classical music and one with music in ALAC. As UPnP server I have Asset and eLyric MM. To stream the music I use a Linn DS and to operate it Kinsky or Chorus. Is there a way to make Asset show the 3 individual libraries? In both remotes (Kinsky

1. I use MP3Tag to I add a custom tag called LIBRARY. This tag is populated with flac for all my flac files and mp3 for all my mp3 files. (you could use ALAC and AAC for your respective file types)

2. In Asset UPnP config, I have added a New container called Library (tick NO Track Listing) as a Child of 'Root', then all the sub containers as Child of 'Library'.

3. Find MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt (mine was here:
                      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMe diaLibrary)
                      and add the following line at the bottom and save/restart:

library,0,INTEGER

So in Asset Control I get 2 folders as the root, flac and mp3.

Comment

• Stroker198
                        • Nov 2013

Thanks for the help. I've adapted mville's idea. I picked a field that I didn't need (Genre) and tagged all the ALAC files as Genre "ALAC". I can now look under Genre for ALAC and the songs are there. Sorted.

Comment

Working...

]]>