title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I'm new to DB Poweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodW
    • Oct 2013

I'm new to DB Poweramp

I have a PC running Win XP SP3 with DB poweramp CD ripper installed. I've created a music folder in which FLAC files are stored which I then convert to high and low quality MP3 files stored in folders called 'My Music_Walkman and My Music_HIFI. Unfortunately, these folders are not recognised by Windows Media Player V 11. Is a work around possible or I'm I best advised to install another more suitable media program, assuming one exists.
    Please advise.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: I'm new to DB Poweramp

foobar2000 is what I use on windows machine as a media player (plays everything). One can also use winamp for flac files. I think there is even a plugin of some sort that allows WMP to play flac files. I'm not a fan of WMP because it will do all sorts of bad things to your tags without your knowledge.

foobar2000:

use the stable 1.2.9
    I like the "facets" component used with foobar2000 for library management

Comment

• RodW
      • Oct 2013

Thanks garym
      Do you know if the the media player you recommend can be used to copy digital media files to a device such as a a Sony Walkman?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RodW
        Thanks garym
        Do you know if the the media player you recommend can be used to copy digital media files to a device such as a a Sony Walkman?
        not sure. there are some foobar2000 components that can load up files on portables, but not familiar with them. I think winamp has the same. But I use ipods/ithings and itunes to load up the devices themselves (with lossy copies of my flac files)

Comment

Working...

]]>