title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper and Converter no longer working like it used to

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javajeff
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Ripper and Converter no longer working like it used to

Ripper and Converter no longer working without right clicking and using the run as administrator option. I used to be able to just right click on flac files and choose convert, and it worked fine. It no longer works, and I get an error: Error no encoder specified. [dbCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling with no success. I have the same problem when I try to rip without using run as administrator. I am running Windows 8.

Errors copied to clipboard:

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\01 Rush - One Little Victory.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\01 Rush - One Little Victory'
    Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\02 Rush - Ceiling Unlimited.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\02 Rush - Ceiling Unlimited'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\03 Rush - Ghost Rider.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\03 Rush - Ghost Rider'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\04 Rush - Peaceable Kingdom.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\04 Rush - Peaceable Kingdom'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\05 Rush - The Stars Look Down.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\05 Rush - The Stars Look Down'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\06 Rush - How It Is.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\06 Rush - How It Is'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\07 Rush - Vapor Trail.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\07 Rush - Vapor Trail'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\08 Rush - Secret Touch.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\08 Rush - Secret Touch'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\09 Rush - Earthshine.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\09 Rush - Earthshine'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\10 Rush - Sweet Miracle.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\10 Rush - Sweet Miracle'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\11 Rush - Nocturne.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\11 Rush - Nocturne'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\12 Rush - Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear').flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\12 Rush - Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')'

Error converting to , 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\13 Rush - Out of the Cradle.flac' to 'D:\TRANSFER\Lossless\Vapor Trails Remixed\13 Rush - Out of the Cradle'
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripper and Converter no longer working like it used to

Something is stopping dBpoweramp from writing files (when is not administrator), if you have security software, it is likely this which has blocked it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• javajeff
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      Something is stopping dBpoweramp from writing files (when is not administrator), if you have security software, it is likely this which has blocked it.
      I do not use security software. I do take images of perfect installs with True Image. The only new program is jv 16 powertools 2014. Could registry entries be corrupt or changed?

Thanks for the response!
      Last edited by javajeff; 10-07-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• javajeff
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

I could not figure out what the issue was after playing with permissions like crazy. I decided to revert to an older Image where it was working since that is what imaging software is for.. I had to spend about 15 minutes on updates, but that is not too bad.

Comment

• GavSalkeld
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

I have this same problem since installing jvPower Tools 2014. I never had issues like this with the 2013 version. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

And if you uninstall these jvPower tools then the problem goes away?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GavSalkeld
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2006

No, sadly not. I uninstalled and reinstalled dBpowerAmp as well but it still does not work. The conversion window pops up but when it does, noticed the little codec icon of the format I am converting to is gone and instead a generic hard drive/Windows logo is in it's place.

Comment

• GavSalkeld
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Oct 2006

The conversion window looks like this for a split second and then the error message the OP mentioned appears:

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

This icon is not really important, do you get error messages after converting?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GavSalkeld
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2006

Yes, as I said I get the same message as the original poster:

"Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]"

No conversion occurs and the Monkey's Audio icon has disappeared (as seen in the above time).

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Perhaps contact jv power tools to ask what their program does.

dBpoweramp needs a temporary folder it can write to, if you open windows file explorer and type %tmp%, this should be a writable location.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GavSalkeld
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2006

Yes, I can open that folder. Do you know what else it could be? jvPower Tools is a registry cleaner but I have always ran it on safe mode.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Try to enable debug mode (in dbpoweramp configuration) and convert 1 file, and post the debug log which should show (I say should, as this might not work either).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GavSalkeld
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2006

Tried converting an FLAC to ALAC:

Error converting to , 'C:\TEMP\Get Lucky.flac' to 'C:\TEMP\Get Lucky'

There is no file extension shown for the filename underlined. Also, every time I open the converter window, it remembers none of my previous settings at all.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

It suggests that dbpoweramp cannot write to the registry
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>