title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to convert music to 432hz???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sobaixu
    • Sep 2006

How to convert music to 432hz???

I am trying to convert a bunch of meditation music to 432hz.. I found a guide for Audacity, but it doesn't work. The menus are different and i can't seem to figure out how to get it right.

Is there a way to do this with DbPowerAmp? Cheers!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to convert music to 432hz???

432Hz? I have never heard of this sample rate before, normally sample rates are in 1000's of Hz, such as 44100Hz or 32000Hz (32KHz)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sobaixu
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      432Hz? I have never heard of this sample rate before, normally sample rates are in 1000's of Hz, such as 44100Hz or 32000Hz (32KHz)
      44000hz is standard tuning, 43200Hz is A4. Exactly -.32 semitones below the standard A tuning... 432hz is simply shortform slang, I assumed that was rather obvious.

And if you've never heard of it.. where have you been??? lol... Google 432hz music. There's a huge movement globally to bring back the 432hz standard for tuning.
      Last edited by Sobaixu; 08-16-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You learn something every day...not that I agree 43,200Hz offers anything useful. Our software will not create this frequency...and more importantly most sound cards would not even play it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sobaixu
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          You learn something every day...not that I agree 43,200Hz offers anything useful. Our software will not create this frequency...and more importantly most sound cards would not even play it.
          uhm.. you should look it up mate.. I think you are confused, or just not familiar with it yet. But 432hz music is very beneficial to health, helps with meditation, and makes all music come alive.

Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, they all performed their concerts in 432hz tuning, and i've also got many 432hz songs, all of which play fine through my pc, mp3 player, and cd player in my car..

I think you may be thinking of the Sampling rate. Rather than the tuning.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sobaixu
            .. I think you are confused....
            And I think you are in the wrong Forum.

The purpose of dBp, and the objective for its users, is to create digital audio files as true & accurate to the original recording as possible. You are talking about applying digital processing that fundamentally alters the audio itself. That's not what dBp does.

While I can't tell you how, as I've never wanted or needed to perform that kind of processing, I do suspect Audacity may still be your best bet. Because it performs all kinds of processing that modifies audio data (and of course that's something you want to get just right), it's got a zillion options and parameters....and therefore a rather steep learning curve. It's kind of like Photoshop for audio, but it sounds like that's what you need.

Comment

• Sobaixu
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
              And I think you are in the wrong Forum.
              This forum is for dBPoweramp. Where else would I inquire about it's functions?

I was asking if it could perform a simple operation. Audacity can do this but it is currently flawed and can only do it one track at a time. I know dbp can batch convert audio so I was hoping there might be a plug-in for this function.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

I think you are confused, or just not familiar with it yet. But 432hz music is very beneficial to health, helps with meditation, and makes all music come alive.

Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, they all performed their concerts in 432hz tuning, and i've also got many 432hz songs, all of which play fine through my pc, mp3 player, and cd player in my car.
                To confirm, you are talking about sound waves measured in herz (cycles per second), i.e. 432hz and is related to pitch/tuning. You say 44000hz is standard tuning. I don't think so. Concert A, in the UK and US, is 440Hz not 44000Hz.

dBpoweramp deals with digital audio and sample rates, which is not the same as pitch/tuning. Are you getting analog sound waves confused with digital audio sample rates?

Comment

• Sobaixu
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mville
                  To confirm, you are talking about sound waves measured in herz (cycles per second), i.e. 432hz and is related to pitch/tuning. You say 44000hz is standard tuning. I don't think so. Concert A, in the UK and US, is 440Hz not 44000Hz.

dBpoweramp deals with digital audio and sample rates, which is not the same as pitch/tuning. Are you getting analog sound waves confused with digital audio sample rates?
                  Yeah Probably... I am not a scientist. I don't know everything. All I know is that A = 440hz (standard tuning) and A4 = 432hz tuning, which used to be the standard tuning, but the nazi's did research on subliminal messaging for propaganda and determined that the human brain is most susceptible to subliminal messaging when they used 440hz tuning. I don't really care about the conspiracy theory shite, i just wanna know how to utilize this tuning.

I'm not here to argue about semantics and play the "who knows more shit game"... I just wanted a straightforward answer without attitude from someone who knows what the hell i'm talking about.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDRaCTVO67w

After much reading of OTHER forums, i have kind of come to the conclusion that even if you tried to convert 440hz songs to 432hz, the waveforms of the notes will still be distorted because the scale is physically different. The computer can change the pitch but cannot properly convert the waveforms of each note. Thus you need to actually tune the instruments to 432hz and record them in that tuning. So I guess i'll be waiting until artists start releasing performing their music in this tuning.

If anyone knows what i'm talking about, and can correct any of that, please feel free. As I said, I don't know everything, Just piecing together what I can from various forums and youtube, etc...

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2011

Thus you need to actually tune the instruments to 432hz and record them in that tuning. So I guess i'll be waiting until artists start releasing performing their music in this tuning.

If anyone knows what i'm talking about, and can correct any of that, please feel free. As I said, I don't know everything, Just piecing together what I can from various forums and youtube, etc...
                    That is my understanding as well.....it's a kind of instrument tuning, not something you'd want to do after the fact.

I'm not here to argue about semantics and play the "who knows more shit game"... I just wanted a straightforward answer without attitude from someone who knows what the hell i'm talking about.
                    I respectfully suggest you take your own advice to heart.....there are a lot of people on this forum, indeed all over the internet, who are knowledgeable about all sorts of things and happy to share that and use it to help others. They do so in a spirit of generosity and good will.

It is you who brought the "attitude." You now admit you don't know all that much about this stuff. Okay fine....you want to learn. But you presumed the topic should be known to everyone ("432hz is simply shortform slang, I assumed that was rather obvious"), and you were rude and insulting when it wasn't ("...if you've never heard of it.. where have you been???"). That approach is not likely to get you much help on any forum.

In any event, it should be clear, now that you understand you were confusing tuning and sampling rate, that dBpoweramp is completely unrelated to this topic. Best of luck to you in your study of the subject going forward.

Comment

• Sobaixu
                      • Sep 2006

Well I can't help how people interpret what i say. Spoon certainly didn't seem offended by my reply to him. Everything I said was intended in a friendly manner; not meant to be rude or offensive.. I am simply a matter-of-fact person.. Regardless, thanks for somewhat confirming my conclusion.

Comment

• Porcus
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Feb 2007

OK, what you want is tune your music files down a slight bit?

There is the easy way: slow down the music to a speed of 432/440 of the original (this assuming that 440 is what they tune to, and 435 is what you want! "440" means a little more in many orchestras). But 432/440 is down 1.8 percent, approximately.

Then there are processors that pitch down without slowing down.

If any if those is what you want, my suggestion is to use the foobar2000 music player with the additional component http://www.foobar2000.org/components...foo_dsp_effect . You can apply these effects on-the-fly while playing, so you do not have to alter your files.

Now, to be clear: this has nothing to do with the sample rate of 44.1 kHz. That is unrelated to how you tune the "A". The sample rate is at forty-something kiloherz in order to cover the audible range.

Comment

• Sobaixu
                          • Sep 2006

I am familiar with Foobar and audacity, and several other methods of shifting the pitch and speed, which gives the illusion of 432hz tuning. However, for some reason when you try to convert music from 440hz to 432hz with these programs, the notes get distorted ever so slightly. Not even audibly, you need an Oscilloscope to actually see the changes, but it's significant in the waveforms of the notes. Like non-alcoholic beer. It sounds right, but doesn't have the same effect.

Thus, unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that the music has to be performed and recorded in 432hz to begin with..

But even then, a friend on another forum brought up the fact that as soon as it's recorded, it's encoded and played back at 440hz to be played through cd players, etc, because of the 44.1khz sampling rate the world uses. So even if you do record a performance in 432hz, when it's digitized, will it still sound right, or will it be off?...

I think analog recordings would work fine, but not sure about digital recordings. Or am I confusing myself here??? Sometimes I wish I were a sound engineer.. lol

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

I think analog recordings would work fine, but not sure about digital recordings. Or am I confusing myself here??? Sometimes I wish I were a sound engineer..
                            Well... as it happens, I am a sound engineer. I don't help out in this forum to play games or exert attitude, just to share knowledge and advise where I can.

What you need is professional sound editing software for accurate pitch shifting, not digital audio converter software which is what dBpoweramp is.
                            Last edited by mville; 08-20-2013, 12:50 AM. Reason: removed the term 'abuse', which I shamefully added in anger.

Comment

• thexfile
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jul 2010

This may do it.
                              Code:
                              http://impulsemediaplayer.codeplex.com
                              Last edited by thexfile; 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM. Reason: type-o

Comment

Working...

]]>