title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMCFileSelector Hangs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ErinJeff
    • Jul 2013

DMCFileSelector Hangs?

I am having trouble with dBpoweramp. It was working fine on my old computer, but I am moving to a new computer with an (almost) identical configuration (Win7).

I have installed:
    dMC-R14.2-Ref-Registered
    dBpoweramp-dMC-DSP

I can open the DMCFileSelector directly, but when I select a folder, it freezes up. When I right-click a folder and dBpoweramp Batch Convert, it freezes in a similar manner.

I'm assuming I forgot to install some codec or something, but the config file on my new computer matches the config file on the old in terms of what is installed -- so I'm quite puzzled. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
  • ErinJeff
    • Jul 2013

Re: DMCFileSelector Hangs?

OK, actually, strangely enough, dBamp works fine as long as the folder I'm converting from is in the Windows "Music" folder, and not on the desktop or pretty much anywhere else.

Which is definitely a work-around, but it would be nice to be able to use dBamp regardless of file location. :(

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Possibly because the folder contains a 6.4GB Video clip, you are best installing R14.4 as we made improvements to metadata reading from mp4.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ErinJeff
        • Jul 2013

No video clip -- only mp3 files. About 13 of them, all of them measured in KBs and MBs, not GBs.

I did install the R14.4 update with no change in behavior. (And then rolled back to R14.2 as I'm trying to match my previous configuration as closely as possible.)

Note that the problem did not occur with the *same* files as long as the folder path was different. I think that's puzzling?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The location should not matter, as long as that user account as read access to the files.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>