title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate vs inaccurate rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • len bell
    • Jul 2013

Accurate vs inaccurate rip

still new to dbpoweramp, so another question, ripping an older CD some tracks rip accurate others rip inaccurate, probably due to the condition of the cd..im ripping flac uncompressed...is there an audible sound difference between an accurate and inaccurate rip?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Accurate vs inaccurate rip

Originally posted by len bell
    still new to dbpoweramp, so another question, ripping an older CD some tracks rip accurate others rip inaccurate, probably due to the condition of the cd..im ripping flac uncompressed...is there an audible sound difference between an accurate and inaccurate rip?
    When you say "inaccurate" vs "accurate" that really relates to matching the AR database (and not all disks have a match in the AR database). Do you really mean "secure" vs "insecure" or "error" or "warning". These all have different implications. That said, even a rip with "error" can have no audible problems. Or it could have a single click or pop somewhere, or it could have all sorts of audible problems. It just depends. Review the meaning of the different ripping outcomes about halfway down the following page under secure ripping.

Comment

• len bell
      • Jul 2013

i only got inaccurate, not secure or insecure, or a warning, so i take it i merely didnt have a match in the database, which is odd for one album to have accurate and nonaccurate tracks..thanks..I'm assuming this software would notify if there were rip errors..preciate it.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

yep, it will tell you if the rip had an error, or give you a little "i" which is basically a warning about some frames having been redone during ripping. All in that link I sent. It is unusual to have some tracks in AR and others from CD not in AR, but it does happen from time to time.

Comment

• len bell
          • Jul 2013

and now that i revisit , for one track 28 others had an inaccurate rip for a particular track, so they also had no match in the accurate rip database, i think i got it

Comment

• len bell
            • Jul 2013

i was thinking inaccurate meant although i selected flac uncompressed, it wasnt gonna be an uncompressed rip..accurate or inaccurate if the files are still in the format i selected then no problem..I was gonna buy new versions of the cd's and re-rip.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by len bell
              i was thinking inaccurate meant although i selected flac uncompressed, it wasnt gonna be an uncompressed rip..accurate or inaccurate if the files are still in the format i selected then no problem..I was gonna buy new versions of the cd's and re-rip.
              Yes, I think you are thinking of some of these labels incorrectly. Even if the rip of a CD is not "SECURE" it will still be in whatever format you selected (uncompressed FLAC, etc.). But I'm also thinking that you may be assuming something incorrect about "uncompressed FLAC" as well. See my other response to your APE question. In short, a "compressed FLAC" at say, 5 or even 8 is still lossless, bit perfect rip of the CD. Compression in this context just means filesize not lossless vs lossy. And more compression is only an issue for how long it takes to encode the FLAC file. It is irrelevant in the playback (decoding) of the FLAC file.

Comment

Working...

]]>